Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Place to shoot near donner

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JASON82
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 32

    Place to shoot near donner

    Going up to donner later this month and I am looking for a place to shoot. We used to go up to the tracks and shoot into a hillside, but it seems the railroad has blocked the access to the service route.

    Anyone know of a good place to go up there?
  • #2
    Python2
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 906

    Originally posted by JASON82
    Going up to donner later this month and I am looking for a place to shoot. We used to go up to the tracks and shoot into a hillside, but it seems the railroad has blocked the access to the service route.

    Anyone know of a good place to go up there?
    By Boca Reservoir and by Hobart Mills. Please pickup your trash including cases. These are self supervised designated shooting ranges in a National Forest.
    Pinoy Bwana

    Comment

    • #3
      JASON82
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 32

      Originally posted by Python2
      Please pickup your trash including cases.
      Always do

      Thanks ill check it out.

      Comment

      • #4
        petey
        Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 186

        Stop by the ranger station at Truckee, or call them at 530-587-3558 for access to the Boca Range. You can pick up a key from the ranger station.
        To paraphrase Bob Barker "Always remember to spay/neuter your cats, dogs, and liberals!"

        Comment

        • #5
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          Jason82,

          When are you going up there? Although I haven't been to the Boca shooting area yet, I'm planning on spending so time there in a couple of weeks. If you'll be there during the same time period and want some company, let me know.

          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          • #6
            Python2
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2006
            • 906

            If I know when you guys are up there, I might be able to join you. For sure I will be in Tahoe the week of the Reno Gun Show.
            Pinoy Bwana

            Comment

            • #7
              JASON82
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 32

              Damn id love to have some company on this trip but we are goin for our anniversary. You dont even wanna know what i agreed to, so that she would accept this as an "anniversary event."

              I usually go to donner once or twice a month though, so im more than ready for any other time.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1