Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun safe internal light

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • acegunnr
    replied


    2-pack $22
    • Extremely bright LED provides 35 lumens of light with minimal power consumption.
    • Sophisticated motion sensor combined with a light sensor allows this slim LED light to turn on only when it is dark and only when motion is detected, auto-shut of can be set at 20 or 60 seconds.
    • Simple wireless installation in minutes using using two-sided tape or mounting screws (both included).
    • Slim profile LED light hides anywhere. Works great as an under cabinet light, gun safe light, work bench light, Closet light, or pantry light.
    • Unit easily slides out of mounting bracket to change batteries (4 AA Batteries per unit-not included)


    Leave a comment:


  • titan2
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbearbear
    Very nice safe! Are the LEDs battery or powered by the electrical outlet?

    Mine's a very small safe and I'm thinking something that runs on battery should work well enough.
    Nice looking safe.....any info?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vin63
    replied
    I bought a package of three of these at Lowe's for $30 IIRC about 4-5 years ago. They come with a portable magnetic mount (so you can pull the light off and use it as a flashlight), and I just used industrial velcro to mount it. My wife uses one in her tack locker at the barn.

    Leave a comment:


  • cwilliams
    replied
    If you don't need to have the lights turn on automatically as the door opens, I lit mine with one of the kits from Ikea. I managed to hide any of the excess cable and you can't even tell they are in there until I flip the hidden switch. Effective and cheap!

    Leave a comment:


  • swtjames23
    replied



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • pipboy
    replied
    I bought a pack of these from Costco a while back.



    Battery operated motion sensing LED under cabinet lights. Not as fancy as some of the other options in this thread, but simple and effective.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stewdabaker23
    replied
    I have the Browning safe light kit with motion activation sensor.

    Leave a comment:


  • someoneeasy
    replied
    Originally posted by antiseen
    If you're comfortable with soldering you can buy the led light strips and customize it.

    I had the exact same safe until a few months ago when I had to upgrade. The sticky backing on the lights would work fantastic on that thing. The leds are super bright also.

    I bought a battery pack (8aa) and a cheap 5 dollar magnetic switch that turns the lights on when the door is opened. Pretty slick and it's not hard.

    If I was lighting that little safe it probably wouldn't have taken me more than an hour or two tops.






    +some 22g wire? Don't remember off hand.

    Pretty cheap and you can make it really nice if you want to. Obviously not as easy as throwing in a touch puck light, but not much harder. I'd skip the 50-80 dollar led light strip kits because it's so easy to do it yourself for much much cheaper. Plus, you can size it to your exact safe.




    Cost me about 25-30 bucks, but I used 2 rolls of leds and went overboard. You could line the inside door of that barska safe with probably half of one and the whole thing would be out of the way and completely lighted.
    This is exactly what I did to my safe. I highly suggest this, it was cheaper and I was able to set it up the way I wanted to.

    Leave a comment:


  • antiseen
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbearbear
    Cool, I might try this just for fun.
    It's pretty fun. I'm pretty useless when it comes to handy work and I made it pretty slick. Anyone can do it. I was almost tempted to buy the pre-made setups for $$ but I wanted it to be custom fitted and look nice. Glad I decided to go that route because it wasn't hard at all, way cheaper, and looks a lot better.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigbearbear
    replied
    Originally posted by antiseen
    If you're comfortable with soldering you can buy the led light strips and customize it.

    I had the exact same safe until a few months ago when I had to upgrade. The sticky backing on the lights would work fantastic on that thing. The leds are super bright also.

    I bought a battery pack (8aa) and a cheap 5 dollar magnetic switch that turns the lights on when the door is opened. Pretty slick and it's not hard.

    If I was lighting that little safe it probably wouldn't have taken me more than an hour or two tops.






    +some 22g wire? Don't remember off hand.

    Pretty cheap and you can make it really nice if you want to. Obviously not as easy as throwing in a touch puck light, but not much harder. I'd skip the 50-80 dollar led light strip kits because it's so easy to do it yourself for much much cheaper. Plus, you can size it to your exact safe.




    Cost me about 25-30 bucks, but I used 2 rolls of leds and went overboard. You could line the inside door of that barska safe with probably half of one and the whole thing would be out of the way and completely lighted.
    Cool, I might try this just for fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shasta Frog
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbearbear
    I just mounted my Barska Quick Access Safe (actually its more like a gun locker than a real safe, but it suits my purposes), and realized that a light in the safe would be nice, pity the safe didn't come with one.

    I'm thinking of getting one of those stick on LED light, has anyone used those before? How are they? Or are there better choices for use as a light inside the safe? Thanks.
    I have a Cannon 24 gun safe and use those battery sticky lights. I only have 2 in there now and it works perfect. I got my lights at Costco.

    Now just need a light for the dial so I can see those tiny numbers

    Leave a comment:


  • 3lsmc7
    replied
    Here is another option that is similar to what antiseen posted.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1CavScout
    replied
    ^^^ This safe has internal power, so I used 12v LED's.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigbearbear
    replied
    Originally posted by 1CavScout
    Found a pic. This safe has factory lights inside the door, but only illuminated the side of the safe the door is on. After I installed the LED's, the entire safe is very well illuminated.

    Very nice safe! Are the LEDs battery or powered by the electrical outlet?

    Mine's a very small safe and I'm thinking something that runs on battery should work well enough.

    Leave a comment:


  • bsg
    replied
    Originally posted by 1CavScout
    Found a pic. This safe has factory lights inside the door, but only illuminated the side of the safe the door is on. After I installed the LED's, the entire safe is very well illuminated.
    nice lighting.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1