Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do I have the transfer plan correct?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rodell
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2013
    • 557

    Do I have the transfer plan correct?

    I'm not a resident of CA, my SO is. I plan to give her a nice Model 70 in 6.5x55 for an upcoming hunt. I want to make sure I've got this right for CA.

    To effect a transfer, I plan to deliver the rifle to a FFL on one of my trips. The FFL will check it in to their books, and then DROS it to her. (No problems with age, eligibility, etc.) Ten days later she can pick up the rifle.

    Do I have that right?

    The fees are the FFL transfer, and the DROS to her, plus the requirement to supply a(nother) lock.

    Do I have those right?

    I suppose I could just keep it in her closet and she could use it when she wants! Or, she could move to WA where it would be much simpler.

    Thanks for the calguns.wisdom.
    Last edited by Rodell; 01-29-2014, 5:12 PM.
  • #2
    G-forceJunkie
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 6478

    Your correct. Make sure ahead of time the FFL is comfortable with you hand delivering it, some are not. Note that the dealer is able to charge any fee he wants (in addition to the $25 dros fee) so be sure to know what it is up front. $75-100 is pretty typical, I have seen $200 fees from store that really don't want to do them.

    Comment

    • #3
      alfred1222
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2010
      • 7331

      This will only work if the FFL is willing to accept a rifle from a private seller (that's you) and not another FFL. Since you are not a ca resident, it's not a PPT
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      This guy is a complete and total idiot.
      /thread.

      ΦΑ

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1