Typically, I take both my Sig P 229 carry guns apart to clean a 9mm and a 40 S&W and forget which guide rod and spring goes in which gun the springs are different lengths. So which goes in which. Thanks for your help.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Which spring and guide rod goes in which P229 carry
Collapse
X
-
Which spring and guide rod goes in which P229 carry
Tags: None -
The spring in my 40 is 93mm in length on the guide rod, off of it its 113mm hope that helpssigpicOriginally posted by gun toting monkeyboyYou did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.
-Mb -
Now if i can only find a metric rulerComment
-
About 4 1/2 inches off the guide rod give or take an 1/8 or so I'm not a walking calculatorsigpicOriginally posted by gun toting monkeyboyYou did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.
-MbComment
-
Haha thanks.Comment
-
Don't they have different color paint on them?...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's TaleComment
-
The short spring is blue, the long spring is white though I didn't pay attention to it at the time. I called Sig they weren't much help either.
I figured it would be the longer white spring that goes in the 9mm based on my Sig P6 being the exact same slide length and the P6 has the same length spring as the longer white spring.Comment
-
For the 229, white is for the 9mm, blue is for the .40. The different colors denote different weights.
Are you aware that there is a right and wrong end to put the spring on the guide rod first?...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's TaleComment
-
No I wasn't aware of that though I never pulled the springs off the rods. Thanks so much for the color denoting which is for which caliber that fixed my problem.Comment
-
Sorry, I mis-understood, I thought you had taken the springs off the guide rods for cleaning.
If you decide to clean your guide rod...you're supposed to...don't pull the spring off, you are supposed to unscrew it in a rotating motion. you should also be replacing the recoil spring every 3-5k rounds...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's TaleComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,141
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25512 users online. 52 members and 25460 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment