Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Leaving CA in the rear view mirror

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • candrews0480
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 107

    Leaving CA in the rear view mirror

    As of March 1st I will no longer be a Californian and I couldn't be happier!! My wife and I made the hard (for her) choice to move away from Commiefornia for a more conservative state that is not going to cost us a every dime we make to live in. We are making the 2000 mile trek to Kentucky. It's going to be amazing to live in a state that knows and understands the term "Shall not be infringed". I don't know if anyone will really care but I just had to share.
    That is all.
    sigpic
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
  • #2
    AK5.56
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 375

    Cool! Im looking for places to move to out of Cali also. Why did you pick Kentucky?

    Comment

    • #3
      echoThreeOneSix
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 1332

      congrats bro! i hope to be making my way to Texas in the next few years! Good luck!
      Originally posted by m---------------1
      Bump... also interested in 1911 for trade
      ...as a trade for a glock 43. wtf guys, wtf.

      Comment

      • #4
        Full Clip
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 10266

        Congrats on your escape.

        Comment

        • #5
          candrews0480
          Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 107

          Originally posted by AK5.56
          Cool! Im looking for places to move to out of Cali also. Why did you pick Kentucky?
          I have family out there and looks like I already have a job lined up.
          sigpic
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
          "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

          Comment

          • #6
            navin r
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 774

            Congratulations and good luck in Kentucky; that is a beautiful state.
            NRA life member CRPA life member

            Comment

            • #7
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              congrats on your move and new adventure! hope all works out well for you and the family.

              Comment

              • #8
                bodger
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2009
                • 6016

                I grew up in Ohio, not far from the Kentucky line. Good place to be. Best of luck to you and the wife on your move.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigPimping
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 21487

                  Kentucky is very nice. Very different than here. Much different culture.
                  sigpic

                  PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                  When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                  Don't let your history be a mystery

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Moemoe1
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 1571

                    Why can't you take me with you

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dee_Dub
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 2097

                      LUCKY! I cant want to get out of this s hole and not look back. Sadly... my wife and I have decent jobs and theres no way we could move out of state and make the same amount of money. Oh well, i think when i get close to retirement *at least 20 yrs from now* i'll move out of state and just fly/drive back and fourth to work. Enjoy yourself over there.
                      A man's GOT to know his limitations.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        m16
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 2527

                        Lucky bastard.

                        I'm not a California native, and I look forward to the day when I can go home.
                        Marine Raider Foundation

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          candrews0480
                          Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 107

                          Originally posted by m16
                          Lucky bastard.

                          I'm not a California native, and I look forward to the day when I can go home.
                          I'm a Kansas boy born and bread. I've been looking forward to escaping CA for a long time. My wife though is a native San Diegan. It should be interesting to watch her go through the massive culture shock that is waiting for her in KY.
                          sigpic
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
                          "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Grumpyoldretiredcop
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 6437

                            Congratulations on your escape plans! Let us know when you've successfully tunneled under the wall and how good it feels to live in the free world again.
                            I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Handles
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 69

                              Congrats to you for doing something you want to do.

                              So what are your thoughts on becoming an out-of-stater that continuously trolls Calguns with anti California rhetoric?!?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1