Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What should I do in this transaction?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cabinetguy
    Release the Cabinets!
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2010
    • 12659

    Nope. You should have your payment right when you lose possession of the firearm, i.e. when you start DROS. If the guy was paying you cash instead, would you wait till after DROS to collect?

    Comment

    • #17
      cannon
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2008
      • 8589

      Cash or merchandise at time of transfer or NO DEAL.
      ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

      Comment

      • #18
        alfred1222
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 7331

        Nope, no deal. Either you get the upper at the time of DROS, or he pays you cash as a deposit, and then you return the cash for the upper. You can't give up your firearm for nothing
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        This guy is a complete and total idiot.
        /thread.

        ΦΑ

        Comment

        • #19
          Merc1138
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2009
          • 19742

          That sounds terrible, find someone else to do business with.

          Comment

          • #20
            Loubot10
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 3078

            Originally posted by AregularGuy
            That would be akin to selling it outright and the buyer telling you they will give you the money after the 10 day wait. Typical PPT is: meet at shop, you give the gun, they give the money, DROS is done, deal over. If they are worried they will not pass the background check that's not your problem. I'd pass on the deal if that's the only way he'll do business.
            THIS
            sigpic

            Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
            They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.

            Comment

            • #21
              kcjr1125
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 3883

              Originally posted by JDay
              Scam.

              Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
              yup
              Originally posted by OHOD
              I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
              Originally posted by ivanimal
              I love you! (some Homo)
              I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
              we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

              Comment

              • #22
                Dano3467
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 7381

                Blow it off !

                Comment

                • #23
                  Whiterabbit
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 7597

                  Originally posted by Wallabing
                  I got an offer to trade a firearm for an ar15 upper.

                  The buyer says he will only give me the upper once he droses my gun, and picks it up the gun after 10 days. I dont like this, because I think it's too risky. What prevents him from simply running off with my gun without giving me his upper?

                  Should I turn down the deal based on not agreeing with the terms?
                  I don't understand your question.

                  Why is this any different than a cash transaction? Here is your post with "AR15 upper" replaced with the word "cash":

                  Originally posted by Not From Wallabing
                  I got an offer to sell a firearm for cash.

                  The buyer says he will only give me the cash once he droses my gun, and picks it up the gun after 10 days. I dont like this, because I think it's too risky. What prevents him from simply running off with my gun without giving me cash?

                  Should I turn down the deal based on not agreeing with the terms?
                  Based on your question, I get the impression that you see a difference between your post and my edit. But I do not. They read the same to me.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Hot Holster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 912

                    Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                    well, you could have him give you the equivalent, IN CASH, for the firearm, then, after the DROS has gone through, turn around and give him the cash back, in exchange for the upper

                    otherwise, no deal
                    Exactly what I was going to post.
                    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you're going to do are, 1) Call someone with a gun, 2) Pray they get there in time.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      OTP
                      Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 289

                      Too risky, as it seems obvious that you don't know or trust the guy. I wouldn't even deal with him after a situation like that.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SNCaliber
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 3222

                        a big hell no..
                        -Sang

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          titan2
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 908

                          +1 What everyone else has said!!!
                          UT - Done
                          AZ - Done
                          NV - Done
                          CA - Done

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Nirrad
                            Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 450




                            No way!
                            I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              xoutxkastx
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 632

                              Have him send you the cash value of the firearm. Once he completed the DROS he has a choice of if he wants to exchange the money of the upper.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GMG
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 7974

                                Run Forrest Run!!
                                sigpic

                                A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1