Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So I'm thinking about going to ShotShow..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zenith
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 462

    So I'm thinking about going to ShotShow..

    So with seeing that ShowShow is like the epitome of all firearms related shows, I figure hey why not go through all of the hoops and have a look see right? But probably the absolute main reason why I'm considering on going is because apparently the "new" VLTOR is going to be there.
    Now I hate driving long distances, so I'm thinking about taking the train up there from Union Station in LA.. that could be fun.

    My question is, is ShotShow worth all of the trouble of going to? Or is it simply an over-sensationalized event? It certainly looks interesting from all of the publicity and media surrounding it.

    Let me know of your thoughts, thanks
    Last edited by Zenith; 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM.
    ARK.Huynh
  • #2
    CAL.BAR
    CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
    • Nov 2007
    • 5632

    I don't think you have to worry about it too much. First, it is CLOSED to the public. You have to be in the industry. You have to apply for and obtain credentials to get in. Second, the deadline for applications is past.

    This will be the first year that I am going, so I can't tell you weather it is worth it, but I suspect it is if you have the means to get in.

    Comment

    • #3
      Burtonwurton
      Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 225

      If it is your first shot show, you will have a great time. Make sure to pick up freebies at all the booths as those are great gifts for friends and family.

      What CAL.BAR said, it is an industry only trade show, so if you can get in, I say go for it. I think everyone that has an opportunity to go to shotshow at least once should do it.

      Comment

      • #4
        tonyxcom
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2011
        • 6397

        He can still register to go. The prices have just gone up.

        Comment

        • #5
          Zenith
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 462

          Thanks fellas! I appreciate that you all took the time to reply to my inquiry
          I will make it next year -- had some things come up that made the trip an utter impossibility. Ugh.. I was anticipating an exciting trip too

          -Jarred
          Last edited by Zenith; 01-13-2014, 2:39 PM.
          ARK.Huynh

          Comment

          • #6
            The Gleam
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2011
            • 13431

            I have not been to SHOT show in several years; but it always was by far, some of the most fun weekends I've ever had with anything to do with firearms. Just plain awesome; the events, the free swag, the people of like-mind, the enthusiasm for innovation and pursuing success, meeting eveyone and seeing their new wares, and it's all hands-on - you can touch everything!!

            You can walk the whole show, over 3 days, ands still not see everything there is to see. It's not like going to a gun show; and a whole lot less beef-jerky, stun-guns, and beanie-babies - like NONE.

            Worth it; absolutely. Just be sure you have proper credentials; HOWEVER - it's not open to the public. Just be aware of that before you go - they will not let you in. Industry/vendor/FFL only, by invite or ticket in advance.

            I was invited this year, but can't go.
            -----------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by Librarian
            What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

            If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

            Comment

            • #7
              BrokerB
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 5455

              It will just motivate to you either over throw our craptatsic CA gov.. or move out of PRK... donate more time andmoney to fight the traitors under the white dome
              There are some very very nice tools we are banned from having...but 100 miles east they can
              Beans and Bullets

              Comment

              • #8
                Mute
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2005
                • 8595

                If you just want to have a look see, it's fine, but I go to get in touch with various manufacturers and vendors for my business. It is also a good opportunity to spend some time with industry people to catch up on news and future events. Primarily, it's about networking and face to face always beat other methods. After a couple of years, you tend to get a bit jaded about the products unless there is something truly innovative or different. One can only think so many times, "look another AR" before losing interest.

                The biggest con of course is looking at all the nice things that you CAN'T have in CA. I really hate this state sometimes.
                NRA Benefactor Life Member
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                American Marksman Training Group
                Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1