Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Solvent alternatives to Hoppes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Raidernation 247
    Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 112

    Break free CLP no odor

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #47
      BrassCase
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2011
      • 3192

      Originally posted by katranch
      Hopppes smells almost as good as bacon.
      My oldest son and I went to the range and after he asked if he could clean his rifle at my house since he lived in an apartment. It was cold in the garage and my wife and his wife were out shopping so we decided to clean them at the kitchen table (we covered it). Our wives came home and yadda yadda yadda, we never did that again!

      Later on I bought a Hoppes #9 auto air freshner that hung from the rear view mirror from my LGS for my him as joke.
      I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
      NRA Certified:

      Chief Range Safety Officer
      Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
      Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

      Comment

      • #48
        zman
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 3639

        Originally posted by shda5582
        I was wondering as to people's recommendations for an alternate to Hoppes. My wife doesn't much care for the smell of it, claims that it makes her sick to her stomach (I believe it, she does have a weak stomach for strong smells), so I would like to find an alternate that does the job just as well, but without the smell. What other cleaners are there out there that'll work just as well as Hoppes but without the smell.

        Bonus points if there's one that doesn't smell, but also wouldn't hurt someone with sensitive skin.
        I had the same issue many years ago then discovered Hoppe's Elite.



        ... you are welcome

        Super Robot VOLTES V

        Comment

        • #49
          Sharp Shooter
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2013
          • 1128

          I love the smell of Hoppes in the morning.

          Comment

          • #50
            crob
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 515

            Another vote for M Pro 7. I did notice that the local Wal-Mart is starting to carry it and it was a few dollars cheaper than the price tags that were on the bottles I had at home.

            Comment

            • #51
              Jimi Jah
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2014
              • 19292

              I'm using Slip 2000 carbon killer Bore Cleaner. Like all Slip products, no toxic petrolium products. Doesn't have the death smell. You do need to let it soak for about 5 minutes, but it works like magic.

              Don't clean guns in the house, there's lead in that stuff you don't want your family to eat. I use d-lead soap, also great for removing poisonous residues from your hands.

              Comment

              • #52
                OldShooter32
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 2065

                Mix up some "Ed's Red"
                Works great and is inexpensive.
                "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

                Walnut media for bright brass
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214

                Comment

                • #53
                  DaveInOroValley
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 8968

                  Sacrilege!! Hoppes stinks??? NO NO NO, it's that smell that people love. I even have some of these to prove it:

                  NRA Life Member

                  Vet since 1978

                  "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    ES13Raven
                    Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 321

                    Originally posted by stonecold434
                    Hoppes has an "Elite" formula. No much scent at all. Haven't used it that much so far, but I've been satisfied with the performance.
                    Hoppe's Elite and MPro-7 are the same formula and work well.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      katranch
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 1246

                      Solvent Green = People wafers. I wonder if they had bacon flavor ?
                      Last edited by katranch; 01-08-2014, 4:53 PM.
                      sigpic
                      USS Bristol County LST 1198
                      Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
                      Gator Navy
                      VFW
                      American Legion
                      NRA

                      Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Fishslayer
                        In Memoriam
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 13035

                        Never mind. Redding cumpression pwns me...
                        Last edited by Fishslayer; 01-08-2014, 5:30 PM.
                        "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                        You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                        You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                        Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                        I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                        Originally posted by redcliff
                        A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          adamjay
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 1400

                          Last edited by adamjay; 01-08-2014, 7:04 PM.
                          'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

                          -Abraham Lincoln

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            ja308
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 12660

                            Originally posted by August
                            Hot water, dish soap and old tooth brush in the kitchen sink. Lube afterwards.
                            You a marine ?

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              davefromca
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 821

                              Painters mask?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1