Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BONECUTTER
    replied
    Seperate the upper from the lower for quick compliance as long as this is not banned by name. You can always go featureless until you find a suitable mag lock.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonyxcom
    replied
    The manufacturer has no reason to take it back. I would pressure the FFL to take it back because they sold you (and possibly many others) an "assault weapon" per CA law. Remind them of this fact as it was their responsibility to make sure they were CA compliant when sold - either by making them compliant or making sure they were received compliant. Sounds like they did neither and at least you are in possession of an AW.

    I wonder if simply removing the pistol grip and flash hider are enough to at least make your current possession of this rifle legal.

    Edit: or removing the entire mag catch assembly so that it won't retain a magazine.

    Leave a comment:


  • chinookdriver
    replied
    Stock is not an issue
    Mag release is.

    How do I either:
    get the mag release compliant
    or
    Get the compnay to take it back (FFL/Manufacturer for either a fix or a refund)

    Leave a comment:


  • My Dixie Wrecked
    replied
    don't answer or respond, but the stock can only fold if the overall length of the rifle is 30" when it's folded, if that's not the case, then you need to lock it open or get an extended muzzle device to meet OAL. you can install the BB or take it to your FFL so they can do it

    Leave a comment:


  • chinookdriver
    replied
    The folding stock comliancy will not be an issue if I can get a solution for the mag release.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonyxcom
    replied
    Riflegear has had bullet buttons for that model. Not in stock now though. Is the stock on yours still folding? Wait don't answer that in public because that is a problem for you too if it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • chinookdriver
    replied


    No bullet button, cant put a bullet button on.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrassCase
    replied
    I think you should name the manufacturer as someone might have some insight on that particular builder and give you some help. Also, what wasn't compliant about it?

    Leave a comment:


  • chinookdriver
    started a topic Help needed

    Help needed

    Guys,
    I have been watching the forums for a while now just never really participated before, but now I am at a loss. Here is the story.

    While I was deployed, one of our guys set up a commemorative group buy with a well know manufacturer (Im not sure if I should post the name so I will leave it out for now). I took part in it and bought a rifle (gas operated centerfire). 6 months later I got home and went to the local CA FFL where the guns were sent. i completed the DROS paperwork, the waiting period and then picked up the rifle.

    Once more poeple started picking up their rifles it became apparant that one of the models was NOT CA compliant. I called the FFL to ask about getting the rifle fixed or returned and they told me to conatct the manufacturer directly to set up a direct ship beck to the manufacturer.

    I called the manufacturer and navigated my way through the automated system and finally got a customer service rep. I explained the situation and they sent me off to their commemorative firearms sales guy. I sent emails, made phone calls and he never returned my calls or emails. I called back and spoke with another rep and he told me to go back to the FFL to get the rifle shipped back.

    I feel like im being sent on a wild goose chase all the while I have a major issue sitting in my closet. I dont want the rifle in this condition and never intended to have a non-compliant rifle.

    Please help...what do i do now?! Call DOJ, BOF? get a lawyer? im at a loss and want this resolved before I get in trouble for something that should have never happened.
Working...
UA-8071174-1