Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What Makes the 1911 So Popular?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    CrippledPidgeon
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 1765

    Originally posted by sakosf
    How good are the current 1911s mfg by Colt ?
    The phrase "they don't make 'em like they used to" comes to mind. They're about on par with Springfield, but you pay extra for the pony.

    Comment

    • #62
      Bruce
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2183

      Originally posted by Gomphe
      That was a very educational video Big Bear, thank you for sharing. Granted that it is just one man's opinion on the subject, but it does make sense that a "mass produced" 1911 will not measure up to a hand crafted one. I am beginning to suspect that many 1911 carriers subconsciously assume that a "mass produced" 1911 is just as good as a hand crafted one because of the extraordinary history and prestige behind it. Sort of like having a reputation that precedes the individual before actually meeting that person.

      - Gomphe
      Funny, the United States military managed to win two world wars, a police action, multiple banana wars and whatever Viet Nam was, with "mass produced" 1911's. I guess they didn't know what they were doing. You should watch the "Part 2" video. It's an 18 minute commercial/love fest for Wilson Combat.
      Last edited by Bruce; 12-05-2013, 9:07 PM.

      Comment

      • #63
        67goat
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 896

        Originally posted by NastyNate
        Timeless design, low recoil, multiple stopping power of the .45ACP, single stack design and plain sexy are just some of the reasons I wear one.

        NastyNate
        I like 1911s as much as the next person, but given the fact that handgun ammo does not have stopping power in the first place I am confused as to this "multiple stopping power of the .45ACP".

        Comment

        • #64
          Artema
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 3821

          Originally posted by 67goat
          I like 1911s as much as the next person, but given the fact that handgun ammo does not have stopping power in the first place I am confused as to this "multiple stopping power of the .45ACP".
          Arguing caliber in a handgun that can shoot a dozen or more different rounds is pointless. 45 Auto is just the round in which it was originally chambered.
          - SAAMI Pressure Specs
          Originally posted by Artema
          I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1