Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Too many guns!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    pitbull30
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • 3053

    I can picture it. The Opap is what pushed you over the limit. Send me a PM and I will hold onto it for awhile until you get adequate storage.

    Comment

    • #32
      Lone_Gunman
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2009
      • 8396

      Originally posted by Steve1968LS2
      Did you really say "crib"???
      Well he is a pimp...

      Comment

      • #33
        SoldierLife7
        Joe Exotic For President
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2013
        • 2420

        April fools day isn't until April 1st OP!!


        IAST
        Last edited by SoldierLife7; 11-28-2013, 9:31 AM. Reason: IAST

        Comment

        • #34
          Tasty
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 1829

          I made a comment to my girl about 6 months ago. I was standing infront of my safe with the door open and said something stupid like "this thing is getting pretty full, I might need to take a break from buying guns." She responded with "why the hell would you do that? Just buy another safe." I love that girl.

          OP, a temporary solution to an overcrowded safe is to take the bolts out of any rifle that you're going to stash in the house and put the bolts themselves in the safe. I've had to start doing that with the lesser expensive/easy to replace rifles I own to make more room until I order another safe.
          As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

          Comment

          • #35
            Subotai
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jun 2010
            • 11289

            Originally posted by Tasty
            I made a comment to my girl about 6 months ago. I was standing infront of my safe with the door open and said something stupid like "this thing is getting pretty full, I might need to take a break from buying guns." She responded with "why the hell would you do that? Just buy another safe." I love that girl.
            And you ain't married her yet!!!???
            RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
            Free Vespuchia!

            Comment

            • #36
              Squidward
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2006
              • 1779

              Get these.. Frees up room for more guns.

              Secure Gun Storage & Organization Products For Gun Safes, Vault Rooms, or Gun Shops. Retrofit your storage space with more guns, accessibility, & functionality.

              Comment

              • #37
                not-fishing
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 2270

                Buy another safe, move the guns sell the smaller safe.



                The other question is where do you store the ammo. I have one tool box and one "Secret" two drawer file.





                And you don't want to know why I had to have a "Secret" file in my office.
                Spreading the WORD according to COLT. and Smith, Wesson, Ruger, HK, Sig, High Standard, Browning

                Comment

                • #38
                  Deadtargets
                  Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 256

                  ^^^jealous of this! Drool...
                  There are no stupid questions...just stupid people asking questions.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    The Gleam
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 13368

                    Originally posted by BigPimping
                    Brought home a Zatava Opap, Mossberg 500 and a Savage 22lr today. My safe is full and I am no longer able to store guns in it!!!! Some I now have hidden in my crib!!! Did I go overboard? I was told that if you know how many guns you own, you don't own enough.
                    You likely have dividers, shelving, rifle-spacers in your safe - no? Until you get ANOTHER safe....

                    Take all that useless, chunky, carpeted plywood divider crap out other than the top shelves. Create a second and possibly third full width upper shelf for your handguns. On the rifles, install 3/4th inch PCV tube supports that you often find for shelving brackets, mini-clothing racks, or even use furniture leg cups; install one on each side, then create a rack system front to back with PCV tubing. Slip foam copper-plumbing insulation over each PCV tube (except for the ends that slot into the holders/cups/brackets.

                    Put the guns you don't access as much at the back, and the guns you access more often at the front. You can get some 45 (or more) rifles in a safe this way, with wiggle room, stored safely - where the "dividers" that come with the safe will only let you get in about 20 max, knocking up against each other.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by Librarian
                    What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                    If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      sfbay
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 1646

                      Pimping' ain't easy...
                      You get what you get and you don't get upset !

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Yugo
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 8393

                        Had the same problem 2 safes ago. "Some" eggs in a basket.
                        sigpic

                        Originally posted by WAMO556
                        Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

                        Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

                        Umm yeah!!!!!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CSACANNONEER
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 44094

                          Originally posted by Fjold
                          Simple answer:

                          Every time I see that at SHOT, I wonder why it doesn't have a kitchen sink in it.
                          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                          Utah CCW Instructor


                          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                          sigpic
                          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                          KM6WLV

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            CK_32
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 14369

                            My safe is getting the same way.


                            I find it a chore to try and shoot them all in one trip now lol

                            Then don't even get me started on the clean up....
                            For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                            What's Your Caliber??


                            My Youtube channel

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              BigPimping
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 21479

                              I cannot even close the door on that safe without effort. Pimpin's big business. .....
                              sigpic

                              PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                              When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                              Don't let your history be a mystery

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                jpkar
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 1441

                                Originally posted by Fjold
                                Simple answer:

                                holy smokes, wtf is that haha


                                Originally posted by not-fishing
                                Buy another safe, move the guns sell the smaller safe.



                                The other question is where do you store the ammo. I have one tool box and one "Secret" two drawer file.


                                What kind of safe is that?

                                And the tool chest, where did you get it
                                and lastly

                                Pimpin aint easy but somebody gotta do it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1