Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Challenge Accepted. 30 days without buying ANY guns.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • junior40er
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 3315

    Challenge Accepted. 30 days without buying ANY guns.

    That's what I am going to try to do. I won't be betting on it but I will surely do my best.

    I don't even want to see how much I spend a month in guns and related items.

    Does anyone feel this way as well. It has gotten worse ever since I joined this place and with a turners opening up so close to me in the future I will have to take a part time job there and get paid with store credit. I might take up stamp collecting for a while.
    Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.
  • #2
    Gutz
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jan 2013
    • 4127

    I have a Springfield Armory 1911 for sale, all functional, stainless steel, beautiful piece. For you, only $100. You pay DROS.

    Oh, you can't buy guns for 30 days? That sucks... Never mind then.
    1A - 2A= -1A :(

    Comment

    • #3
      Nick Justice
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 1985

      30 whole days?
      You will catch yourself driving by the gun stores that are not on the way home.
      God speed, brave soul.
      It doesn't matter how scary, ugly, uncomfortable, or inconvenient self defense can be. Like it or not, you will never, ever be relieved of your duty and responsibility to defend your life, your family, your country and your freedom.

      How much ammo do I need? Enough to last me the rest of my life, and then lot more for later.

      The government does not come knocking at your door. It comes knocking down your door.

      Comment

      • #4
        cabinetguy
        Release the Cabinets!
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Sep 2010
        • 12659

        I can do that easy, I'm broke

        Comment

        • #5
          ChrisC
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 2469

          How many do you own now?

          Comment

          • #6
            Pauliedad
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2012
            • 2095

            I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.

            Comment

            • #7
              mikenewgun87
              In Memoriam
              • Jul 2011
              • 7732

              Originally posted by Pauliedad
              I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.
              Right?

              Comment

              • #8
                BigPimping
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2010
                • 21487

                My wife enforces those rules quite well.
                sigpic

                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                Don't let your history be a mystery

                Comment

                • #9
                  hcbr
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 4733

                  eh once you get the bug, waiting 30 days could be an eternity, but you'll be quick back up to your old habits.

                  case in point, just finished a shopping spree buying all my rifles in case SB 374 passed, and once all was over i told myself no rifles for a while....

                  well after 1 week after i bought my last rifle, just bought a 4 pack of lowers

                  it's a juggling act and since i started my gun frenzy, i'm almost up to 30 firearms

                  as the saying goes "you can't have just only one" lol

                  but kudos to you OP if you can do 30 days... after you complete try 60 or 90
                  Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

                  "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
                  ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JDay
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19393

                    Originally posted by Gutz
                    I have a Springfield Armory 1911 for sale, all functional, stainless steel, beautiful piece. For you, only $100. You pay DROS.

                    Oh, you can't buy guns for 30 days? That sucks... Never mind then.
                    I'll take it!

                    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
                    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                    The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      junior40er
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 3315

                      I know it will be hard but I will give it a shot and see how long I last. My last firearm purchase was yesterday (11/06).



                      Originally posted by Pauliedad
                      I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.
                      Originally posted by mikenewgun87
                      Right?
                      But you clicked on the thread AND posted? Did that happen by accident? ktnxbye
                      Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        855R
                        Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 365

                        Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Fishslayer
                          In Memoriam
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 13035

                          Originally posted by cabinetguy
                          I can do that easy, I'm broke
                          Yup. Got laid off Monday. No guns for awhile. Glad I got that MKII couple weeks ago.
                          "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                          Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                          I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                          Originally posted by redcliff
                          A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            10rdmag
                            Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 314

                            im in, only because im out..of $$
                            "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"
                            -- Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kygen
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 3259

                              not buying for 30 days, at the end of the year, with C&R going away?

                              terrible time to stop buying ;p
                              Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                              I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1