Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

preaching the second amendment. ..what happened to the first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • munnman84
    Member
    • May 2013
    • 144

    preaching the second amendment. ..what happened to the first?

    So im new on here... appreciate the wealth of knowledge this site provides... I made the mistake of visiting the marketplace and saw a few people asking for ridiculous prices... I made the unfortunate mistake of posting that it was too much and i listed the local retail price which is fact and suggesting they might lower it... then I get warned by moderator that im going to be banned if I continue this type of posts?? So focused on the second, did we forget about the first amendment? I wasnt talking crap personally to anybody just stating facts... and im a bad guy? I might have to rethink being associated with such a close mindedness. Its one thing to make personal attacks towards someone, but another to just list the facts. Im sure some how I have earned another warning just from this post...
  • #2
    Just Dave
    Banned
    • Jul 2011
    • 7259

    The rules are no thread crapping in the marketplace, if you see something that you feel is to expensive pass on it.

    Comment

    • #3
      creampuff
      • Jan 2006
      • 3730

      If I walked into your house as a guest, and started swearing up a storm in front of your children, and you told me to get out, would you be violating my first amendment rights?

      Unlike what our public school education has misinformed us with, the 1st amendment is not a broad brush that applies to private property. Calguns is a privately owned site; it is their rules.

      Comment

      • #4
        Artema
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 3821

        First amendment. At what point were you prevented by the government to speak against them? Grow up. You broke forum rules and did not get banned. You were warned to follow the rules, and you're still here and can have a good time.
        - SAAMI Pressure Specs
        Originally posted by Artema
        I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

        Comment

        • #5
          creampuff
          • Jan 2006
          • 3730

          Originally posted by Artema
          First amendment. At what point were you prevented by the government to speak against them? Grow up. You broke forum rules and did not get banned. You were warned to follow the rules, and you're still here and can have a good time.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ed_Hazard
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2008
            • 5146

            No one says you cant spout off and say whatever you want, you just can say it here.

            Seriously, how hard is it to understand that this is a privately owned Forum and in such is subject to the whims of the owner. You are clearly advised of the forum rules when you join and by joining agree to abide by such. This includes putting limits on what you can and cannot post.
            Originally Posted by Sic Boy
            And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
            Originally posted by AJAX22
            Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


            Comment

            • #7
              munnman84
              Member
              • May 2013
              • 144

              My grievance is that they dont allow the first ammendment here... they are all about the second and knowing your rights, but they do not practice them. I never suggested that i have right to the first amendment here, so your counter argument suggesting that this is a private entity is obvious, and invalid. Telling me to grow up is offensive and a personal attack. In my opinion comments like those should receive warnings not a posting of facts. Sometimes facts are contrary to popular opinion. I in no way prevented the sale of the overpriced firearm in question. As far as the cursing in my home speech... there really is no correlation. I didnt tell the seller to grow up, or that he was insane for asking that much. Or that the idiot who thought the firearm was off roster when it clearly is not is some how incompetent... I said nothing like that. I merely stated a fact, and suggested him to lower this price. Honestly, I dont understand how stating a fact is "thread crapping". If it is, then by its very action anyone who posted on this thread against me is committing thread crapping themself... its counter-productive logic. Constructive critisism, is paramount to a meaningful exchange of words and ideas. Im sorry that you don't understand this, and blindly follow any rule given to you.
              Last edited by munnman84; 10-23-2013, 7:00 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                Kyle1886
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 4271

                Personally, like any other market place, or business, if I don't like the price of a product---I simply don't buy it. It's the sellers prerogative to set a price they want---after all, it is their product. You can either buy, or move on.

                Respectfully
                Kyle
                Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future 🍸🍸​🍷🍻 🍹
                iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
                https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
                _________+__________

                Comment

                • #9
                  Paper Boy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5666

                  Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been to long
                  Youtube reviews https://bit.ly/2V3WchY
                  https://hooksandammo.com

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    creampuff
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3730

                    Originally posted by munnman84
                    My grievance is that they dont allow the first ammendment here... the are all about the second and knowing your rights, but they do not practice them. Telling me to grow up is offensive and a personal attack. In my opinion comments like those should receive warnings not a posting of facts. Sometimes facts are contrary to popular opinion. I in no way prevented the sale of the overpriced firearm in question. As far as the cursing in my home speach... there really correlation. I didnt tell the seller to grow up, or that he was insane for asking that much. Or that the idiot who thought the firearm was off roster when it clearly is not.... I said nothing like that. I merely stated a fact, and suggested him to lower this price.
                    again...the 1st amendment is not based on fact vs opinion.

                    The website owner's social security number is a fact. Guess what will happen to me if I post factual information if I posted that fact.

                    Re-read the 1st amendment. It does not say, "one can state whatever they want as long as it is fact"

                    If I went to work and showed up, and used my cell phone all day, would I get fired? Yep. Why? Because their house, their rules. Same thing here..their house their rules. Easy concept.
                    Last edited by Creampuff; 10-23-2013, 6:55 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Brice
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 51

                      this is not a public place. If the owners/mods don't like what you are doing/saying/acting they can ban you. get over it. If you think something is priced too high a PM to the op is a better way of handling it than ****ting on his thread.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Artema
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 3821

                        Again, you don't even understand the first amendment. Second point, this, as I was suspecting at first, you're trolling.
                        - SAAMI Pressure Specs
                        Originally posted by Artema
                        I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Ed_Hazard
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 5146

                          Originally posted by munnman84
                          My grievance is that they dont allow the first ammendment here... they are all about the second and knowing your rights, but they do not practice them. I never suggested that i have right to the first amendment here, so your counter argument suggesting that this is a private entity is obvious, and invalid. Telling me to grow up is offensive and a personal attack. In my opinion comments like those should receive warnings not a posting of facts. Sometimes facts are contrary to popular opinion. I in no way prevented the sale of the overpriced firearm in question. As far as the cursing in my home speech... there really is no correlation. I didnt tell the seller to grow up, or that he was insane for asking that much. Or that the idiot who thought the firearm was off roster when it clearly is not.... I said nothing like that. I merely stated a fact, and suggested him to lower this price.

                          So which one is it?

                          If it is obvious why are you having such a hard time comprehending?



                          And yes, you are correct, personal attacks are not allowed and the Mod's will address it.
                          Originally Posted by Sic Boy
                          And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
                          Originally posted by AJAX22
                          Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TomV
                            From My Cold, Dead Hands
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • May 2007
                            • 244

                            From the "Stickies" in the Sales Forum...."Read This Or Risk Getting Banned".

                            Oh....and duck for low flying ban hammers.
                            .
                            "We are told NOT TO judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics.....BUT
                            We are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics."

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              camcojb
                              Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 451

                              Originally posted by munnman84
                              So im new on here... appreciate the wealth of knowledge this site provides... I made the mistake of visiting the marketplace and saw a few people asking for ridiculous prices... I made the unfortunate mistake of posting that it was too much and i listed the local retail price which is fact and suggesting they might lower it... then I get warned by moderator that im going to be banned if I continue this type of posts?? So focused on the second, did we forget about the first amendment? I wasnt talking crap personally to anybody just stating facts... and im a bad guy? I might have to rethink being associated with such a close mindedness. Its one thing to make personal attacks towards someone, but another to just list the facts. Im sure some how I have earned another warning just from this post...
                              Since I own a web forum I'll throw in my two cents. They have a rule about thread crapping, and they have it for a reason. I cannot say why they came up with the rule, but on my forum we have a similar rule in the classifieds.

                              For us, the reason was simple. If you allow people to post about the price of the item being too high, or the product sucks, etc. you end up with a back and forth fight in your sales threads. You'll then turn it into a back and forth mess with people jumping in on both sides. The purpose of the classifieds is to sell items, not to debate their value or quality.

                              As others have said above, if you don't like the price move on. I understand what you're saying in that there are a lot of for sale threads for used guns at prices above new. But the owners of this board have the right to make their own rules, it's their house. I personally agree with them, it makes sense to avoid issues in advance whenever possible. Classifieds have one purpose, to sell an item(s). They are not set up for debate; if a price is too high that will sort itself out on it's own.
                              Jody

                              My Car Projects

                              Lateral-G.Net

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1