Does anyone recommend storing guns in a gun cabinet in a self storage place? Should I take them apart put them in a tight container and leave in the self storage place instead?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gun storage
Collapse
X
-
Gun storage
Tags: None -
Some gun shops will store your gun for a fee
Break the gun down and buy a new, strong tool box and store it in a friends house,
Public Storage, in my area anyway, explicitly states no storage of any firearms; along with explosives and what not. Good Luck.Last edited by hambam105; 09-27-2013, 11:01 PM. -
I don't think your supposed to keep guns at a self storage at all...could be wrong.A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.-Mario PuzoComment
-
Read the contract, most usually state no firearms, explosives or dangerous devices.Sorry, not sorry.
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!Comment
-
sigpic
When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance is Duty
Comment
-
Contracts, security and legality notwithstanding, If you store your guns in a hot, metal box, there is the risk of rust from humidity and condensation. I have successfully stored a gun in that condition with the use of a mylar bag, desiccants, and lots of oil, sealed air tight. I've considered a bigger air tight pelican, with lots of desiccants for multiple guns. You don't want to come back to a corroded rifle or handgun. The Mylar bag is nice because you can suck most of the air out, leaving a minimal amount of air in the bag, which in turn reduces moisture.Comment
-
I work for a company which owns several self-storage locations. A self storage place is the very last place I would store a firearm, or anything of value for that matter.AL
CGF Contributor
NRA Golden Eagle
Being north of 70 has definite advantages: I was able to do all my stupid stuff before video cameras, smartphones, utube, and the internet.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,679
Posts: 25,150,373
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19150 users online. 122 members and 19028 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment