Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tacticool shop in Santa Maria

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ScramblerX
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 363

    Tacticool shop in Santa Maria

  • #2
    chris1911
    In Memoriam
    • Aug 2012
    • 4064

    Yep, been there, done that. It's worth it to drive to SLO and go to Four Seasons Outfitters. They have excellent customer service and slightly better prices. They have definitely earned their namesake. I used to live right off of Taylor and go there to shoot all the time when I was younger, now I go use the range at Santa Maria Gun Club out on Telephone road. I live out east Betteravia now anyway so it's closer.

    I hate that they will only sell silhouette targets to LEOs too. WTF is that about? But they'll do a body target with all of the organs illustrated on it? Screw that place. I wont even buy ammo there and Walmart has been out of .45 non-stop since Sandy Hook.
    "I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

    Originally posted by Champ Kind
    I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.

    Comment

    • #3
      Cummins_Powered
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 548

      I've encountered that before. It's my understanding the reason is because they are given a limited number of HSCs from the CADOJ. So they reserve the for purchases. How annoying would it be if they had no cards and you wanted a gun?

      I'm not defending their stance. Just given a probable reason for it. Blame CADOJ if you want to.
      Now we know!

      Comment

      • #4
        tmh1
        Kitchen Operator
        CGN Contributor
        • Nov 2012
        • 1903

        Both my wife and I shoot and shop there. Yeah, they've got some policies I don't understand (like regarding the HSC), but then again I don't have to try and run a gun store, pay rent, pay employees, pay insurance, etc. IIRC the lack of pricing on Facebook is more due to Facebook's anti-gun policies than the shop's. And they would prefer not having their Facebook page yanked out from under them.

        Having worked in a small family-owned retail store in the past (not guns), I understand the desire of any shop to have folks come in and check prices vs competing with the whole world by posting prices on line (and you wouldn't believe the number of "telephone shoppers" who call any brick-and-mortar business every day). Sometimes the intangibles of the shop, or the interaction with the shop's sales folks end up making a price which seemed high over the phone much more reasonable in person. And/or they may actually fit you with something better for your needs, which you might not have previously thought about.

        We've found the staff to be friendly (if not immediately outgoing) and very professional. I don't buy everything there, but I do try to support them as my LGS - I like that they are nearby and what they provide (firearms, supplies, range and training).
        sigpic
        "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

        Comment

        • #5
          Milsurps
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 2232

          Originally posted by chris1911
          Yep, been there, done that. It's worth it to drive to SLO and go to Four Seasons Outfitters. They have excellent customer service and slightly better prices.
          +1


          As much I belive in supporting my LGS, I just can't bring my self to make any more large purchases there. Some of their policies are just plain stupid. They tried one time to charge me twice for DROS on a pair of long guns on one DROS. I pointed their mistake out and they did correct it, but not without some bad manners on their part. The orginal owner of the shop is still there after the "buyout/name change". What's up with that ?..
          sigpic
          Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

          NRA Patron Member
          NRA Range Safety Officer
          California Rifle & Pistol Association Member


          I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
          كافر

          Comment

          • #6
            chris1911
            In Memoriam
            • Aug 2012
            • 4064

            Originally posted by tmh1
            Both my wife and I shoot and shop there. Yeah, they've got some policies I don't understand (like regarding the HSC), but then again I don't have to try and run a gun store, pay rent, pay employees, pay insurance, etc. IIRC the lack of pricing on Facebook is more due to Facebook's anti-gun policies than the shop's. And they would prefer not having their Facebook page yanked out from under them.

            Having worked in a small family-owned retail store in the past (not guns), I understand the desire of any shop to have folks come in and check prices vs competing with the whole world by posting prices on line (and you wouldn't believe the number of "telephone shoppers" who call any brick-and-mortar business every day). Sometimes the intangibles of the shop, or the interaction with the shop's sales folks end up making a price which seemed high over the phone much more reasonable in person. And/or they may actually fit you with something better for your needs, which you might not have previously thought about.

            We've found the staff to be friendly (if not immediately outgoing) and very professional. I don't buy everything there, but I do try to support them as my LGS - I like that they are nearby and what they provide (firearms, supplies, range and training).
            Originally posted by Milsurps
            +1


            As much I belive in supporting my LGS, I just can't bring my self to make any more large purchases there. Some of their policies are just plain stupid. They tried one time to charge me twice for DROS on a pair of long guns on one DROS. I pointed their mistake out and they did correct it, but not without some bad manners on their part. The orginal owner of the shop is still there after the "buyout/name change". What's up with that ?..
            I was in the market for my first 1911 and was looking at an RIA GI and they wanted $569 before taxes and fees. I needed a new HSC too. I went to Four Seasons and paid $590 out the door after everything. It was worth it even with the gas to drive up there twice.

            I stopped by Tacti-cool a few weeks back for the first time in years because they said they had .45 reloads in stock and it was $27.99 for 50 rounds. You can get 100 at Walmart for $31.79.

            I've only had one person that works there provide good customer service and his was actually spectacular compared to everyone else I've interacted with there.

            I just can't bring myself to do business there anymore because they don't really act like a small business IMHO. Like I said, they've definitely earned their namesake and I can't think of a better name for the shop. I would think it would steer away any non-mall ninja in the area.
            "I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

            Originally posted by Champ Kind
            I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.

            Comment

            • #7
              ScramblerX
              Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 363

              Good to hear guys, I am happy I am not the only one disappointed in this shop.

              I have been to 4 seasons in SLO and they have always been friendly and have decent prices.

              My official stance - Avoid Tacticool and support LGS that chose to support you also.

              Comment

              • #8
                chris1911
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2012
                • 4064

                Originally posted by ScramblerX
                Good to hear guys, I am happy I am not the only one disappointed in this shop.

                I have been to 4 seasons in SLO and they have always been friendly and have decent prices.

                My official stance - Avoid Tacticool and support LGS that chose to support you also.
                Damn straight! Good to see I'm not alone out here in Santa Maria. I've only met one CGer out here.
                "I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

                Originally posted by Champ Kind
                I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SNCaliber
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 3222

                  if that's their actual name, no wonder, thats a bunch of BS with policies like that, how are they ever going to get business that way
                  -Sang

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ScramblerX
                    Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 363

                    Originally posted by chris1911
                    Damn straight! Good to see I'm not alone out here in Santa Maria. I've only met one CGer out here.
                    Ya, I don't think there are too many of us - how is the santa maria gun club range?

                    I was thinking about going out there - right now i shoot at SLOSA in san luis.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      chris1911
                      In Memoriam
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 4064

                      Originally posted by ScramblerX
                      Ya, I don't think there are too many of us - how is the santa maria gun club range?

                      I was thinking about going out there - right now i shoot at SLOSA in san luis.
                      They have a really nice indoor handgun range. If I'm shooting rifles I too go to SLOSA. There's also Colson Canyon which is like 10 minutes from my house so I do like that...
                      "I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

                      Originally posted by Champ Kind
                      I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Emdawg
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 4292

                        One thing that you will find about the gun stores on the Central Coast is that they are a part of the "Good Ol' Boys Club".

                        If you know them or grew up with them or are the child of one of their buddies or anything like that, then they are really friendly.


                        If you are Joe Blow, they will be glacier cool until they see the dough.
                        *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cal3gunner
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 1629

                          ,.,
                          Last edited by cal3gunner; 10-02-2013, 11:07 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ScramblerX
                            Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 363

                            Yeah, I really like SLOSA - was just there today breaking in my STI edge.

                            I'll have to check out the Santa Maria gun club. Its definitely closer to me since I live in Nipomo.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sub95
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 1227

                              They can order as many HSCs from CADOJ. the books are another story lol

                              That place is a joke. They are rude, crazy prices on stuff. only thing they have is the indoor range. No thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1