Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is it illegal to shoot an AR-15 in Cali?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tooterfish
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 5

    Is it illegal to shoot an AR-15 in Cali?

    I recently transported my AR-15 to California, equipped it with 10 round magazines, a bullet button and had to install a few other items to make it California legal. I was just about to roll out to the desert to fire a few rounds off but a buddy of mine mentioned that it is illegal to shoot AR-15s on public land. Would someone mind confirming/elaborating?
  • #2
    Jason25
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Jan 2013
    • 999

    There are many places in the desert that you can shoot. ARs included...

    Comment

    • #3
      rman
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 2267

      this is true under the following conditions, but not limited to:

      shooting in the desert at someone
      shooting in the desert at explosives
      shooting in the desert with tracers or explosive ammo
      shooting in the desert while recording tv shows for the purpose of distribution or public rebroadcast
      shooting in the desert with your ar15 and stabbing a child.




      -Armand

      Sent from my Apple Galaxy

      Comment

      • #4
        edgerly779
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 19871

        Lot of posts about this. Depends on location /county/ national forest/ etc. Where in the desert are you thinking of going? There is no blanket yes or no. Your buddy is partly right and partly wrong. This is going to be a contentious post with all the fud out there.
        Last edited by edgerly779; 09-08-2013, 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling.

        Comment

        • #5
          d4v0s
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 1661

          In your county there will be a blm office. Call or drive there and purchase a shooting map. Or a little search here and you can find the maps posted usually.

          I think there used to be some thing about RAWs on blm land. However after reading a recent blm post I saw that many folks shoot RAWs and bb ar15s on federal land all the time.

          Also, besides a 10 round magazine and a bb, what did you equip to your rifle?
          Originally posted by Franklincollector
          It was administered with a toothpick and placed on a street taco.

          Comment

          • #6
            tooterfish
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 5

            Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm in the High Desert. I think the BLM website specified shotguns only for the Hesperia area due to scattered homes. Does anyone have any recommendations for AR-15 shooting?

            Comment

            • #7
              edgerly779
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2009
              • 19871

              Look up san bernadino county shooting map. Detailed and specific. Never listen to a layman or your buddy.

              Comment

              • #8
                tooterfish
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 5

                Originally posted by edgerly779
                Look up san bernadino county shooting map. Detailed and specific. Never listen to a layman or your buddy.
                I did do some searching on google, most refer to this link which is a 404 page now.



                edit: found this http://www.specialdistricts.org/index.aspx?page=172 going to try and call to be safe though.
                Last edited by tooterfish; 09-08-2013, 11:57 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  edgerly779
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 19871

                  Stop reinventing the wheel. Type San Bernadino County shooting map in your taskbar and look at it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    lwbyo1
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 712

                    SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY RECREATIONAL SHOOTING AND HUNTING AREAS MAP
                    Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. Some people are just incapable of understanding the simplest of things.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1