Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Steelwater in Temecula sucks.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 55sicks
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 193

    Steelwater in Temecula sucks.

    Went there Saturday to do a ppt. Buyer figured since the place is always empty, it would be faster than Turners or Faith. Wrong!

    I will start by saying, the people there are extremely nice. But the gal at the counter was a little bit uneducated on her stock of weapons. Anyway, long story short, we were the only people in there and ppt took 45 minutes. Wtf? I had to fill out various forms that I've never seen before.(cya forms?). They also required me, the seller, to purchase an $8 lock for the buyer. No safe affidavits. Then to top it off, I hopped on the road and realized they never gave me or the buyer our licenses back. Called the buyer and we both had to turn around and go back. Total BS.

    Place is full retail on everything they sell. Ammo is way overpriced. Won't ever go back. They do offer free coffee, but I'm sure that sucks too. Didn't try it.
    Don't waste your time at this place folks.
  • #2
    russ69
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2009
    • 9348

    You might have waited until your gun was out of jail before slamming the place, just saying.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      55sicks
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 193

      Originally posted by russ69
      You might have waited until your gun was out of jail before slamming the place, just saying.
      Nothing in jail for me. I was seller. And why sugarcoat anything. The place sucks and I hope they see this thread. Maybe they will get a clue.

      Comment

      • #4
        vtrigger77
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1450

        Ive never had a problem so it must just be ur luck and if i dont have my license i ask for it before i leave . Again probably just ur luck.

        Comment

        • #5
          drifter2be
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 2177

          I did one transfer there when I was still living in CA, about 18 months ago. OP is right, they are pretty bad. Same experience, under-educated/informed staff, insanely long amount of time to do the paperwork, and they won't accept a safe-affidavit for long guns (woohoo wasting money on a BS lock that will never come out of the wrapper). Their prices were all MSRP or more and the selection was limited.

          The training simulator seemed cool, but with the experience I had just doing a transfer I had no intention to do any further business with them at that point. Sad to see that over a year and a half later they still haven't gotten their act together.
          Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
          Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

          "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1