Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Talk me out of it! (or into it)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 3DGearGuy
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Jun 2012
    • 804

    Talk me out of it! (or into it)

    So, here's the situation. My cousin has a spare 80% lower he said he'd give me. PSA has the sale on their rifle kits for as low as about $500 shipped.

    Here's the dilemma: Business has been pretty slow lately and spending cash on yet another rifle seems like a bad move. However, I do not yet own an AR and with lawmakers cooking up new anti-gun laws, I'm afraid of ARs and related parts/ammo prices going through the roof again.

    So, I ask you, my fellow Calgunners. Do I buy the kit and take the 80 and build myself an AR, or do I wait it out until I'm in a better place financially.

    I just want one sooooooooo bad!
    Last edited by 3DGearGuy; 08-29-2013, 10:01 PM.
    3DGearGuy - 3D printing freedom since 2020! Use code CG10OFF for 10% off all orders of $15 or more!
  • #2
    Superduper2013
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 753

    Take the 80 and slowly build it up as work improves. No need to get the whole package one shot. Half the fun of building your own is hunting down the perfect part for your build

    Comment

    • #3
      DannyInSoCal
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2010
      • 8271

      Do it.
      .
      $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

      Comment

      • #4
        bluedsteel
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 649

        Get the 80 for now. Rifle parts wont be ban

        Comment

        • #5
          NorCalFocus
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 3913

          Take the 80, save your pennies, then get the other parts.

          Comment

          • #6
            trigger945
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2012
            • 5795

            Start with the lower and build it up from there as funds allow. Business first bro. That will bring you the funds that you will use to build your AR.
            One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

            AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

            Comment

            • #7
              leok20
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 952

              Get the lower. As stated parts won't be banned. You still have until Jan 2014 if you are concerned about that. You have time to slowly save and build.

              Good luck. I have always found when times are tough step up my recycling efforts always helps find a few bucks.
              Huh?

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Chaos47
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 6615

                Take the 80% mill it and make a pistol.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SonofWWIIDI
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 21583

                  Go for it!! If the economy gets better, so will business. If the economy collapses, it won't matter!
                  Sorry, not sorry.
                  🎺

                  Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    2nd Mass
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 3212

                    At the very least get the 80%. You can build/buy other parts as you're able. The PSA kits are good to though. If you're not sure about what AR build you want, go to local calguns range events. Bring some .223 and most people will let you try there's out.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      3DGearGuy
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 804

                      That's kind of what I was thinking. The PSA kit just looks attractive as it's on sale and it's a complete package.

                      I don't necessarily want anything fancy at this point. I REALLY want an AR-10 but that will have to be a future purchase.

                      $500 shipped is so tempting though!
                      3DGearGuy - 3D printing freedom since 2020! Use code CG10OFF for 10% off all orders of $15 or more!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1