Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

This is BAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    vintagearms
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2009
    • 6841

    “She had no duty to retreat,” said Beaver County District Attorney Anthony Berosh. “You don’t have to wait to find out whether or not this is a real gun or not, and she was acting not only out of her own defense, but the defense of those two children.”

    So, in open carry states, it would be OK for drivers to run over people carrying guns?

    Comment

    • #32
      TacoTuesdays
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 58

      I don't disagree that she ran over him with her car. It's a fair enough case of defending herself. I just think it sucks that if you use a gun in your own home to defend yourself for the very same reason you're going to jail.

      Comment

      • #33
        bsim
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Mar 2008
        • 892

        So, in open carry states, it would be OK for drivers to run over people carrying guns?
        If they point it at the driver, yes.
        NRA Life Member
        SAF Life Member
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #34
          dave86
          Junior Member
          • May 2010
          • 52

          Originally posted by sofbak
          I don't see how you guys can defend the "victim" in light of this:

          or this:

          If someone pointed what looked like a real gun at you, and you had the means to defend yourself, what would you do?

          What did I miss here?
          The linked story was changed. What you missed was the story before it was changed.
          I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.

          Margaret Thatcher

          Comment

          • #35
            Becq
            Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 138

            I suggest reading the story. He wasn't simply minding his own business with a legally carried weapon holstered on his hip. He threatened the woman with what appeared to be a real firearm.

            So yes, if someone points a gun at you, you don't have to wait for them to actually pull the trigger before you have the right to act in your own (or others') defense.

            Comment

            • #36
              OleCuss
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2009
              • 9144

              Agreed. But I went to the story three times and didn't see where he threatened anyone.

              It wasn't until the fourth time that I followed the link that I found the language suggesting he actually threatened someone. Don't know why I couldn't find it before - but I actually looked for it on at least two previous times that I surfed to the link.
              CGN's token life-long teetotaling vegetarian. Don't consider anything I post as advice or as anything more than opinion (if even that).

              Comment

              • #37
                vintagearms
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2009
                • 6841

                Originally posted by Becq
                I suggest reading the story. He wasn't simply minding his own business with a legally carried weapon holstered on his hip. He threatened the woman with what appeared to be a real firearm.

                So yes, if someone points a gun at you, you don't have to wait for them to actually pull the trigger before you have the right to act in your own (or others') defense.
                I was looking at the original story. It has been changed to reflect he pointed at her.

                Comment

                • #38
                  bigbearbear
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 5378

                  That idiot pointed a toy gun that he purposely made to look like a real one at another person, he should be thanking his luck stars he wasn't killed or hurt more seriously.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    fiddletown
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 4928

                    Originally posted by scarville
                    ...Is it legal in Pittsburgh to use lethal force because you suspect someone may be up to no good?
                    Probably not. BUT it would be justified everywhere in this country to use lethal force in self defense if a reasonable person in like circumstances would have concluded that lethal force was necessary to prevent otherwise unavoidable, imminent death or grave bodily harm to an innocent.

                    From the article:
                    And from the article:
                    "It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      SilverTauron
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 5699

                      Observe that in anti-gun jurisdictions, self defense is kosher -as long as the defender doesn't use a firearm in the process.

                      Like a Hollywood movie, only bad guys use guns in California apparently....
                      The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                      The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                      -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                      The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Jeepergeo
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3507

                        Being stupid should be a crime.
                        Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
                        Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Emdawg
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 4292

                          This is such an idiotic article.
                          *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Emdawg
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 4292

                            The comments are even better.
                            *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              blazeaglory
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2011
                              • 6370

                              So did the guy really point it at her?

                              If so, PEDAL TO THE MOTHER UFFIN METAL!
                              A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                              Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                snapshot7
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 572

                                We have to ban these Assault Cars NOW! before they kill again.
                                The Right to Arm bears

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1