Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Panic buying still going on? Prices are still kinda nuts.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dadoody
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 14692

    Panic buying still going on? Prices are still kinda nuts.

    I'm looking around @ Calguns, Turner's Consignment, and various other boards, and local private sellers want ridiculous $$$ for their guns.

    Is this common or am I missing something? I thought the panic buying was dying down.

    Some examples are Glock 30sf going for $600 to $700...I bought mine brand new from OC Armory for $515.

    I saw some one on the Turner's consignment boards selling an SKS for $850. FOR AN SKS!??!

    I was about to sell my near perfect Yugo SKS with kit and everything for $400 (which I thought was kinda high at first), but now I'm seeing people listing this stuff for near $600. What the hell?
    FUS RO DAH! ==== ┻━┻
  • #2
    pc_load_letter
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 2520

    I think it's surely getting better but some folks are still smokin' something.

    The $5k HK MR556 is still for sale in the marketplace and I saw a Ruger P89 on consignment at a local shop for $800 but I for the most part, I think it's getting better.

    Still some craziness but there are deals out there on used stuff.

    Comment

    • #3
      IrishPirate
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2009
      • 6390

      it wont normalize until we get some clear ruling on the current cases, and we stop getting dressed up version of old failed bills circulating through congress. in short, don't expect a significant price drop anytime soon, and if you find a good deal, buy it, don't think about it, i guarantee it wont be around again for a long time.
      sigpic
      Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
      People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        nhr310
        Banned
        • Feb 2013
        • 125

        Yeah its sad,,,
        Gunowners,shops and suppliers should be sticking togeher especially during these times of anti 2a crap going on

        seems like everyones just tringing to stick it to everyone else...capitalism! isn it grand.


        be wary on private buyers they often want every dollar they put into it plus labor (lol).
        keep in mind people its used! be prepared to take a loss...unless panic is in full swing
        also if the current bills pass expect a major run on the guns again (at least in california)

        Funny watching all these people that paid insane prices for ammo during heavy panic tring to cash them back in for money back (or even a profit)

        Comment

        • #5
          spdrcr
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 2108

          Right now the best market gauges are vendors and retailers as they are getting pretty regular supply (ammo excluded for the most part).


          Many private party sellers here on CalGuns are still trying to mark up items which are now readily available elsewhere. They got stuck holding the "hot potato" and are now trying to get back all they can for items they intended to flip for "easy" profit.


          .
          Last edited by spdrcr; 06-24-2013, 1:51 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            bayonet
            Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 312

            I think there will be a lot more trade only listings soon involving little used guns. Trading it for something else might make you feel a bit better about taking a loss involving money from temporary price markups.

            Comment

            • #7
              hermosabeach
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2009
              • 19836

              Well even some of the sale prices are still double where they were in 2007-2008

              But yes- we all see threads with 3 pages of bumps and new price reduction in the thread title here on Cal guns


              - M64 RPK Heavy Rifle, was $999.95, NOW ONLY $829.95
              - Yugo NPAP M70 Collapsible, was $949.95, NOW ONLY $699.95
              - Yugo NPAP M70 Polymer, was $949.95, NOW ONLY $699.95
              Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

              Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

              Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

              Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
              (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

              Comment

              • #8
                jonzer77
                • Jul 2010
                • 8525

                Panic buying still going on? Prices are still kinda nuts.

                California prices are going to stay high since we have all sorts of retarded laws in the pipeline. Add the upcoming long gun registration that starts on Jan 1st and you will see prices on long guns and off roster pistols stay the same and eventually increase again.

                The reason prices have gone down is because stuff was temporarily defeated at the federal level.......so a lot of people don't feel the need to buy up everything they can at this moment. If you see something you have been thinking about getting at a decent price.......buy it now lol
                Last edited by jonzer77; 06-24-2013, 3:26 PM.
                Originally posted by barrage
                That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gogohopper
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 4733

                  Originally posted by spdrcr
                  Right now the best market gauges are vendors and retailers as they are getting pretty regular supply (ammo excluded for the most part).


                  Many private party sellers here on CalGuns are still trying to mark up items which are now readily available elsewhere. They got stuck holding the "hot potato" and are now trying to get back all they can for items they intended to flip for "easy" profit.


                  .
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
                  THIS FO SHO
                  Originally posted by Webologist
                  I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SB1964
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4876

                    There's a sucker born every minute...
                    Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      locktime
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 1114

                      There's quite a few AR's on Phoenix Backpage around $800.

                      I'd say the wave has crested.
                      Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.
                      - Montesquieu

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JDay
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19393

                        They can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean they're going to get it. I bought a Sig Stainless 1911 w/rail for $800 and a Sig 556 Patrol (Late 2010 manufacture) w/Aimpoint CompM4 for $700 in the last couple months. Both were unfired except for at the factory.
                        Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                        The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          lear60man
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 903

                          Crazy price times are definitely over. Just bought a new Beowulf on GB for lower than list from Alexander Arms....with factory case an 2 boxes of ammo.

                          Im looking forward to buying back the other guns I had to sell to pay taxes.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            wolfy
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 983

                            the ammo shelves at walmart are still empty. I miss the days of swinging by and picking up a brick of 22lr or shotgun shells.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              controlled_burst
                              Member
                              • May 2012
                              • 464

                              I talked to a fellow recently that was bragging of how low a price he paid for a SCAR H. He paid $2800 and by panic prices thats a good price but I recall seeing them for $1699 June of last year.

                              Prices are high due to demand at this point but there are still deals to be had.

                              CB
                              "Not the past, not the future, life is now."
                              Rickson Gracie
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                              ------------------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1