Ok,
I know we've all experienced it....horrendous customer service at a gun store by people who know neither guns nor basic gun law. So my post is two part...
1.) What is it about gun dealing that attracts a disproportionate amount of morons? Sorry, buy I don't know how else to say it. Now, like most things in life there are exceptions. We are talking trends here. Irvington Arms is one exception. They are awesome. Good service, know their stuff, fun to hang out there, etc. Gun Exchange also seems to have a great rep from other posts I have read here. However, I think many of you will agree that relative to others businesses the gun endeavor attracts a lot of dealer who are sorely lacking in many areas. I think it's too common to go to a gun store and deal with people who lack basic customer service or interpersonal skills, don't know much about guns (but think they do), spew all sorts of nonsense your way, don't understand basic gun law*, etc.
So anyone have a basic theory as to why the general trend in the gun business seems to be this way?
*re: not knowing gun law...I don't understand for the life of me how someone can be an FFL dealer, work in this occupation day in and out, and not have an understanding of basic California gun law. Now, I am not expecting someone to be as versed and have thought the subject through as carefully and analytically as say a BWiese. However, one would think that if guns are your business you'd have looked at the statutes, keep apprised of what's posted on the DOJ's website, and inform yourself.
---------
Ok, part 2...
Sending out a call for smart people who have rudimentary interpersonal skills (or can fak them for a few hours) to get FFLs.
Thanks
I know we've all experienced it....horrendous customer service at a gun store by people who know neither guns nor basic gun law. So my post is two part...
1.) What is it about gun dealing that attracts a disproportionate amount of morons? Sorry, buy I don't know how else to say it. Now, like most things in life there are exceptions. We are talking trends here. Irvington Arms is one exception. They are awesome. Good service, know their stuff, fun to hang out there, etc. Gun Exchange also seems to have a great rep from other posts I have read here. However, I think many of you will agree that relative to others businesses the gun endeavor attracts a lot of dealer who are sorely lacking in many areas. I think it's too common to go to a gun store and deal with people who lack basic customer service or interpersonal skills, don't know much about guns (but think they do), spew all sorts of nonsense your way, don't understand basic gun law*, etc.
So anyone have a basic theory as to why the general trend in the gun business seems to be this way?
*re: not knowing gun law...I don't understand for the life of me how someone can be an FFL dealer, work in this occupation day in and out, and not have an understanding of basic California gun law. Now, I am not expecting someone to be as versed and have thought the subject through as carefully and analytically as say a BWiese. However, one would think that if guns are your business you'd have looked at the statutes, keep apprised of what's posted on the DOJ's website, and inform yourself.
---------
Ok, part 2...
Sending out a call for smart people who have rudimentary interpersonal skills (or can fak them for a few hours) to get FFLs.
Thanks

Comment