Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I guess im officially a Gun Nut....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SilverTauron
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2012
    • 5699

    I guess im officially a Gun Nut....

    Today I had the occasion to visit the city for a mandatory work training course.Since the course is at a hotel adjacent to a mall,I naturally went there to get some grub.

    As I strolled to the food court I did some window shopping and encountered a sharp pair of jeans.I don't remember the designer label but I do remember the price:

    "Holy *****, for that price I can buy 200 rounds of 5.56!"

    I've come to the realization that I'm valuing expensive items in terms of firearms and ammo.Is this a natural event for a gun owner?
    The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
    The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
    -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

    The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
  • #2
    Moemoe1
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1571

    Welcome to my world, my friends hey man buy an intake for your car? Me: for $120 I could buy almost 500 round of 5.56!

    Comment

    • #3
      thegamettt
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 2630

      haha i can relate to this. pisses off my wife though
      Have a good day!

      Comment

      • #4
        NOTABIKER
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2012
        • 7635

        my story is the same. for a night out i can buy a Mosin Nagant, who needs a hair cut i need more ammo.

        Comment

        • #5
          OTP
          Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 289

          Whew, I'm not alone!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Deadbolt
            CGSSA Associate
            • Dec 2009
            • 6552

            2 things:


            1: Really nice denim cant be explained. Its like a really nice cigar : acquired taste and dont bother spending that money until you are ready to appreciate it

            2: Ammo costs aren't my scale. 2002 250cc 2strokes are :lol: "LETS GO ON A CRUISE TO ALASKA" - me : DUDE THATS 3 TOP ENDS AND 2 BOTTOM ENDS, PROB LIKE 250 HOURS!!! NO WAY


            priorities, is the name of this thread
            Just another Boy and His Dog.

            Comment

            • #7
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              you qualify.

              Comment

              • #8
                SilverTauron
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2012
                • 5699

                Originally posted by Deadbolt
                2 things:


                1: Really nice denim cant be explained. Its like a really nice cigar : acquired taste and dont bother spending that money until you are ready to appreciate it




                priorities, is the name of this thread
                I don't think these pants qualify. The one's I saw were a "blinged-out" label which is currently vogue with the pop stars. They look cool, but the product is made in Malaysia like everything else.
                The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Loopwell
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 1519

                  Well gun related stuff is like a currency itself. Yes we are nuts.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Yohl
                    Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 490

                    Is checking out calguns marketplace section when you wake up or before going to bed, thinking your next range session, happy seeing cars/person with pro 2A stuff, or like you said justifying the price for ammo counts make me a crazy gun nut?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Elwood_Blues
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 2395

                      I went to Vegas for work for 5 days. I only spend $75 for food and booze, company fed me for the most part. I didn't gamble away even a nickel. I can justify making gun related purchase. This time it's a Chinese 53
                      Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting
                      We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
                      Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1