Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR15 Slings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • freedom-lover
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 610

    AR15 Slings

    Any suggestions on a sling? Magpul PS3? One point? Two point?
    What are the slings you see the police/military using?
  • #2
    jfifer
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 3205

    Two point with one pioint conversion is what i have!

    Comment

    • #3
      freedom-lover
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 610

      Originally posted by fiferronald
      Two point with one pioint conversion is what i have!
      What brand is it? Magpul?

      Comment

      • #4
        jfifer
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 3205

        I had a magpul, which is where i got the idea. I have a paracord slig and a blackhawk now.

        Comment

        • #5
          Norcal Industries
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 1241

          i like the ms3, but i dont use it often.

          Comment

          • #6
            CrossedRifles
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 2445

            Troy sling I had was very nice.

            Comment

            • #7
              Xcountryrider
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 1081

              I really like this viking sling. http://www.vikingtactics.com/slings_wide.html
              Hunting with the Modern Sporting Rifle (AR-15/AR-10)

              Comment

              • #8
                norcal.xd
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 846

                I have the universal blackhawk sling but didn't like it on my ar so I put it on mi mini 14. I think it works better on the mini.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bravoecho
                  Junior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 43

                  Saavy Sniper Quad

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CaptainBlue112
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 88

                    I just use a 2 point blackhawk sling works fine for me.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      voiceofreason
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 3785

                      viking tactics original sling is good, wide and padded if you run without armor, original if using with armor

                      Ares Armor is really nice with the D ring, Husker Ammentum or something like that. Just make sure you're not doing something where you have to worry about a giant D ring catching on something at the wrong time.

                      heard good things about BlueForceGear Vickers sling, but never used one; doesn't adjust as easily as the VTAC from what I've heard, but some prefer it

                      one point are okay, but I like 2 points better; definitely consider a single point sling if into and out of vehicles often w/ a QR

                      avoid 3 point slings like the plague, better off without a sling or a basic 2 point with no adjustment than a 3 point

                      I prefer to NOT use my sling to tighten/brace shoot with; personal preference.
                      "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
                      John Quincy Adams

                      "You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
                      voiceofreason

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Spiggy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 8688

                        Originally posted by Xcountryrider
                        I really like this viking sling. http://www.vikingtactics.com/slings_wide.html
                        This is a nice 2pt sling. The padded variety is very comfortable if you're out hiking around all day.
                        Originally posted by AJAX22
                        Anti gun BS...

                        Finger print recognition is one more thing that keeps your killamajig from performing its killimafunction

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mossy Man
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 7641

                          i have specter gear 2 pointers on my AR, Mini14, and Saiga

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1