Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Possibly Moving Back to CA: Which Handguns to Buy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tetris
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 256

    Possibly Moving Back to CA: Which Handguns to Buy?

    I may be moving back to CA. Which handguns should I buy? Right now, I have a Kahr PM9, a Sig P226 and a 22LR target pistol.

    To be honest, I'm pretty much set on handguns, but is there something else I should own before I lose the chance forever? You can buy Glocks in CA, so I'm covered there. You can also buy a Kimber 1911. So what else do I really need?

    Does CA have an exemption on the roster for fancy Olympic style .22LR target pistols?

    I don't want to waste money, but I also don't want to be out the opportunity forever.
    Last edited by tetris; 04-02-2013, 9:42 PM.
  • #2
    MQUnlimited
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 273

    Dont move back, thats all I have to add.

    Comment

    • #3
      Liberty1979
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 51

      Stock up on off roster handguns gen 4 glovks hk45/p30 variants. Etc

      Comment

      • #4
        RekEnhanced
        Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 167

        Originally posted by MQUnlimited
        Dont move back, thats all I have to add.
        Cosign.
        Life is a game. Play hard and don't be afraid to lose. -Me

        Comment

        • #5
          Quiet
          retired Goon
          • Mar 2007
          • 30242

          Originally posted by tetris
          Does CA have an exemption on the roster for fancy Olympic style .22LR target pistols?
          Specific "Olympic target pistols" are exempt from CA's assault weapons laws [PC 30515(c)(2)] and CA's unsafe handgun laws [PC 32105].

          Check out the CA DOJ BOF list of exempt Olympic target pistols to see the exact make/model pistols that are exempt as "Olympic target pistols".
          sigpic

          "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

          Comment

          • #6
            alfred1222
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2010
            • 7331

            If you buy a full size STI 1911 frame, ill buy it once you're here
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            This guy is a complete and total idiot.
            /thread.

            ΦΑ

            Comment

            • #7
              spamsucker
              Banned
              • Jun 2012
              • 701

              pm-30

              Comment

              • #8
                Deagle1911
                Junior Member
                • Apr 2013
                • 5

                Ruger LCP .380

                Comment

                • #9
                  the86d
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 9587

                  Don't do it:
                  Originally posted by FFASpector
                  AB 48: Ammo restrictions - Passed Out of Committee 5-2
                  AB 169: Unsafe handguns - Passed Out of Committee 5-2
                  AB 500: Firearms - Passed Out of Committee 5-2

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nirrad
                    Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 450

                    9mm 1911, STI 2011, Ruger Charger/LCP...but don't move back!
                    I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jyo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 5320

                      HKs, P30 and P30S, 45 and 45C!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        motox917
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 532

                        Kel-Tec PMR 30


                        ETA: Buy 2 I'll buy one from you when you get here
                        Originally posted by mike415stone
                        Personnel insults, it's down to that low a level. Why not try insulting my mom while your at it.
                        Originally posted by nine mil thrill
                        ok....what is her first name...??
                        Originally posted by mike415stone
                        What are you... like 5 years old or something?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Twystd1
                          Superfluous
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 2692

                          STI 2011. Period.

                          Bring 10 STI frames with you. Sell em.

                          Your STI will be free.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SonofWWIIDI
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 21583

                            Don't move back!

                            XDM
                            ANY Glock Gen 4
                            Glock G17L
                            A judge would be nice, but I think falls into the short barreled shotgun category.
                            Walther PPK
                            Sorry, not sorry.
                            🎺

                            Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SFgiants105
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 1247

                              If I'm not mistaken, we are currently only allowed to own single-shot .22lr pistols
                              Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal

                              -Immortal Technique


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1