While looking for ammo for another cal gunner I pulled an old leather bandolier down out of the garage that was full of 3030 ammo .. Where the casing touched the leather there is a ton of deep green corrosion ..it scrapes off with my finger nail and the brass looks ok... Safe to shoot after I clean the brass off?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Corrosion question..
Collapse
X
-
Green is the brass. Not 100% safe to shoot depending on the extent of the corrosion.While looking for ammo for another cal gunner I pulled an old leather bandolier down out of the garage that was full of 3030 ammo .. Where the casing touched the leather there is a ton of deep green corrosion ..it scrapes off with my finger nail and the brass looks ok... Safe to shoot after I clean the brass off?sigpic -
Brass corrodes to cuprous oxide first this looks brownish red. The next step is cuprous dioxide this looks greenish. Just a little metallurgical trivia.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,755
Posts: 25,151,301
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18594 users online. 103 members and 18491 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment