Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cerakote!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sparky94
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 37

    Cerakote!

    Just bought a used Kimber TLE/RL Black and I'm thinking about having it done. Would like some feedback, are you happy with it who did it......thanks!
  • #2
    toby
    Banned
    • Jan 2010
    • 10576

    YES very...www.riflestockpainting.com

    Gonna get two more rifles done.

    Comment

    • #3
      Kendoman
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 600

      cerakote

      Originally posted by Sparky94
      Just bought a used Kimber TLE/RL Black and I'm thinking about having it done. Would like some feedback, are you happy with it who did it......thanks!
      Just had my glock cerakoted i am VERY happy with....fired cleaned no issues with it having AR done to match... OC Custom coatings in Orange
      Last edited by Kendoman; 08-02-2013, 9:11 PM.
      Cerakote Certified Applicator
      NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
      DOJ Certified Instructor
      Certified USPSA Range Officer

      Comment

      • #4
        Sparky94
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 37

        Thanks for the feedback.

        Comment

        • #5
          Foxsweep
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2903

          Originally posted by Sparky94
          Just bought a used Kimber TLE/RL Black and I'm thinking about having it done. Would like some feedback, are you happy with it who did it......thanks!
          I have a couple 1911's that were sent to Robar in Arizona for NP3 coating! Must check them out before doing anything else...
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            CamW
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1711

            If you're near the San Gabriel Valley, check with Dave's Metal Works, 626-859-0299.
            Here's a link to his Cerakote page.



            Here are some samples of his work.
            Here's a Commander he built for me and Cerakoted in Sniper Gray.





            Here's a few more handguns that Dave worked on.These aren't mine,I just take the photos for him.

            Kimber- Desert Digital-Patriot Brown,Coyote Tan,Sand
            Springfield-Flat Dark Earth,Graphite Black
            Sig- Coyote Tan, Custom mixed Tan,Graphite Black



            Rock Island 1911- Armorer's Black
            Glock and Colt- OD Green and Graphite Black



            Beretta-Coyote Tan,OD Green
            Browning- Mil Spec OD

            Comment

            • #7
              smwann
              Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 108

              I did a rifle with the air cure version. Came out good enough, I think the bake kind will be stronger though. Also, I have noticed the tan is a little finicky and leaves marks easier than other colors (the marks wipe off though).
              sigpic
              Front Sight Ambassador
              Contact me for Memberships

              Comment

              • #8
                negolien
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 4829

                I think the black in Cams 1st two pics are really nice. I' am not a huge fan of the funky browns and dull desert colors. I've actually been thinking about refinishing my Kimber. How much does something like that go for including disassembly fees and such. Somewhere around $250-$300?
                Last edited by negolien; 03-18-2013, 5:42 PM.
                "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                George Orwell

                http://www.AnySoldier.com

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sparky94
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 37

                  Wow awesome pics,thanks! I'm in central valley unfortunately but those guns are beautiful.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    THEJAPINO
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 745

                    Custom mixed Sniper Bronze baby! I wish I had a decentl camera and skills to use it.

                    "We got the m*thaf*ckin' champion blood!" - Hunter Pence

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1