Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hotwire foam case cutting... Anybody local?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HDgasser
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Sep 2008
    • 542

    Hotwire foam case cutting... Anybody local?!

    Well it's about time I got my hands on a pelican 1750 and wanna get the foam cut out. I know alot of youze guyz made your own table contraptions I was just wondering if anyone close to me made one up and don't mind some practice!?!? I can pay in any adult beverage of your choice.... But after we cut my foam! LoL

    I'm in long beach, I know someone around here has done it before. I'm always looking for new ideas and a lil bit of experience goes a long way!

    Lemme know!
  • #2
    HDgasser
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Sep 2008
    • 542

    SD is a lil further than I'd wanna go, I do t drive a Prius.

    Comment

    • #3
      HDgasser
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Sep 2008
      • 542

      Nobody huh??

      Comment

      • #4
        nubrun
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 998

        There actually really easy to make. If you're in the Riverside area let me know and I can let you use mine. Pretty much all you need is a small transformer and dimmer switch. I think it cost me $20 in parts.

        Last edited by nubrun; 03-14-2013, 8:10 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          1Fastrider
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 1294

          Sorry to threadjack but....
          Nubrun do you have the instructions you followed to make one or are you just hand?

          Comment

          • #6
            nubrun
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 998

            Originally posted by 1Fastrider
            Sorry to threadjack but....
            Nubrun do you have the instructions you followed to make one or are you just hand?
            I combined a couple of different ideas that I had seen. I used this for the hot wire and electrical components: http://www.instructables.com/id/Hot-wire-foam-cutter/ and http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=292695 for the base.

            It was actually fairly easy to complete.

            Comment

            • #7
            • #8
              HDgasser
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Sep 2008
              • 542

              Yeah I've contemplated making one but I'm being lazy, I've got a perfect table I can use to make a nice one.

              I was just hoping someone near me was down to have a couple cold ones and cut some foam! Lol

              I guess I'm gonna have to stop being lazy. :/

              Comment

              • #9
                Nirrad
                Member
                • May 2009
                • 450

                Hey HD, I'm in the LBC and will loan you my cutter. Shoot me a PM.

                I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

                Comment

                • #10
                  HDgasser
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 542

                  Originally posted by Nirrad
                  Hey HD, I'm in the LBC and will loan you my cutter. Shoot me a PM.

                  Awesome!!!!

                  Pm coming!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1