Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL to FFL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glock30
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 2176

    FFL to FFL

    Why is the price so ridiculous? Is it because they don't like dealing with receiving firearms from other states or even other party's within state?

    I'm sorry if this has already been addressed which I'm sure it has but I've called a few shops to have a lower and a new G17 shipped in and the cheapest I have found is $85!!
    sigpic

    www.addaxtactical.com
  • #2
    ohsmily
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2005
    • 8995

    Originally posted by Glock30
    Why is the price so ridiculous? Is it because they don't like dealing with receiving firearms from other states or even other party's within state?

    I'm sorry if this has already been addressed which I'm sure it has but I've called a few shops to have a lower and a new G17 shipped in and the cheapest I have found is $85!!
    Wow, your post is new and interesting

    So then buy the Glock 17 at the local store if buying it online isn't cost effective. Are you catching on as to why the transfer fee is steep?

    By the way, unless you are paying an outrageously low price for the Glock (like under 400 for a brand new one) it is stupid to buy it out of state. You aren't saving much money and the hassle is greater.

    Much of my collection has been purchased from out of state sellers. However, when a gun costs about 700 or less, it isn't generally cost effective to buy out of state after factoring in the shipping and transfer fees.
    Last edited by ohsmily; 04-09-2008, 2:30 PM.
    Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

    Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

    Comment

    • #3
      rivviepop
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 2528

      Because the receiving shop loses the money they make on you from the markup of the gun, they want you to buy it from them instead. The $85 is for them to re-make their money off your hide. (do a search, lots of threads about this)

      Comment

      • #4
        Glock30
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 2176

        Originally posted by rivviepop
        Because the receiving shop loses the money they make on you from the markup of the gun, they want you to buy it from them instead. The $85 is for them to re-make their money off your hide. (do a search, lots of threads about this)
        Yeah, I figured something along those lines. Just wondered why every shop quoted me $100^
        Originally posted by ohsmily
        So then buy the Glock 17 at the local store. Are you catching on as to why the price is steep?

        By the way, unless you are paying an outrageously low price for the Glock (like under 400 for a brand new one) it is stupid to buy it out of state. You aren't saving much money and the hassle is greater.

        Much of my collection has been purchased from out of state sellers. However, when a gun costs about 700 or less, it isn't generally cost effective to buy out of state after factoring in the shipping and transfer fees.
        I'm getting a pretty decent deal on a brand new 3rd gen G17 with 5 mags so that's the only reason I wanted to ship that one (before I knew about the costs)

        I also already purchased a lower and don't want to back out of the sale.

        And the post you quoted was because when you clicked submit it just said "by the way, unless you are"
        sigpic

        www.addaxtactical.com

        Comment

        • #5
          hawk1
          In Memoriam
          • Dec 2005
          • 7555

          Yeah what rivvie said, he nailed it. They want their profit either way.
          Go to BrightSpot for $60 transfer fee including DROS.
          sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

          Comment

          • #6
            Glock30
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 2176

            Originally posted by hawk1
            Yeah what rivvie said, he nailed it. They want their profit either way.
            Go to BrightSpot for $60 transfer fee including DROS.
            Really?! Thank you sir! I will give them a call and get their information. I believe it's only about 15-20 minutes further then Ade's which was the cheapest I have been able to find.
            sigpic

            www.addaxtactical.com

            Comment

            • #7
              hawk1
              In Memoriam
              • Dec 2005
              • 7555

              BrightSpot Pawn M-F 10-7 Wed 10-6 Sat 10-5
              951-360-1796

              Talk to Chris. He handles the firearms mostly. He's off on Mondays. Closed Sundays.
              sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

              Comment

              • #8
                Glock30
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 2176

                Originally posted by hawk1
                BrightSpot Pawn M-F 10-7 Wed 10-6 Sat 10-5
                951-360-1796

                Talk to Chris. He handles the firearms mostly. He's off on Mondays. Closed Sundays.
                Thanks for the information but I actually just got their number and had the FFL faxed out to the shop I'm buying my lower from!

                Thanks again for your post!

                Who wants to do a meet and greet at Brightspot in a few days?
                sigpic

                www.addaxtactical.com

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1