Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Insurance???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SDBlaster
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 580

    Insurance???

    I am considering putting an insurance policy on my gun collection. It isn't worth that much in relative terms but for me if they were stolen I would have a difficult time with the replacement cost. They are going to need the models and serial numbers all guns. Do you guys think that information is fine to give out, and is there required confidentiality between my insurance agent and myself? Thank you
  • #2
    RedFord150
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 5665

    I have my guns covered with both my Homeowner's Insurance (Auto Club) and the basic NRA policy up to $2,500.00. I did not give either company a list of specific firearms.
    Maybe you have a higher value collection than I do or your insurance company is very conservative. Either way, i would not be afraid to give the info too my insurer. If you end up getting robbed, they have too cover the loss. I do not imagine they would share your info with anyone, including our own government.
    However, this is just my uneducated opinion. It is worth exactly what you paid for it.
    God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

    Comment

    • #3
      appagohm
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 1123

      I don't think they ask for serial numbers, i would think twice if they do, unless it's a big well known insurance company i wouldn't give you my numbers.
      sigpic
      "Gun control is like trying
      to reduce drunk driving
      by making it tougher for
      sober people to own cars"

      Comment

      • #4
        SDBlaster
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 580

        It is a well known insurance carrier and I have a good relationship with my agent but I have concerns when anyone would ask for a schedule of firearms. I understand why but I thought it couldn't be a bad idea to get others opinions.

        Comment

        • #5
          RedFord150
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 5665

          I think AAA covers up to $4K or $5K total before they require an actual appraisal on the firearms too be covered. Below this amount, they want nothing. However, I do pay extra for my coverage. The basic AAA policy only covers about $1,500.00 in firearms.
          NRA covers up to $2,500.00 with your membership and you can pay extra for additional coverage. Again, no specifics required. I have heard that the NRA coverage is a bit 'sketchy'. They not too quick too pay claims.
          Hope this helps.
          God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

          Comment

          • #6
            Divernhunter
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 8753

            My AAA policy covers all my firearms in and out of this country minus my deductable. I asked because I was thinking I would need a seperate policy or rider for my Africa trip.
            A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
            NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
            SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

            Comment

            • #7
              Nick Justice
              Senior Member
              • May 2010
              • 1985

              My State Farm agent asked for makes & models only. He said "You got some nice guns", and issued the policy. Just like that.
              It doesn't matter how scary, ugly, uncomfortable, or inconvenient self defense can be. Like it or not, you will never, ever be relieved of your duty and responsibility to defend your life, your family, your country and your freedom.

              How much ammo do I need? Enough to last me the rest of my life, and then lot more for later.

              The government does not come knocking at your door. It comes knocking down your door.

              Comment

              • #8
                duckman1
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2009
                • 3786

                You have nothing to fear from your insurance agent/company give them a call and schedule them.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1