Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

fighting fire with fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mcm95403
    Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 279

    fighting fire with fire

    I had an idea yesterday while watching the gun control testimonies on TV. I'd like to know what members here think. I have it posted on my blog at http://militiatruth.com/?p=22
    Thanks,
    Marc
    www.dunritenetworks.com
  • #2
    CDFingers
    Banned
    • Mar 2008
    • 1852

    Sorry, man. I had to stop reading at "liberal progressive agenda of trying to control every aspect of gun ownership..."

    Why?

    I've owned guns for over 50 years. And not one, single time evah has any liberal or progressive come to me to try to control anything. All my liberal friends, every single one, know I own guns, and not even any of them has tried to control any aspect at all of any of my gun activities. Maybe they're afraid. Maybe they show respect. But they don't try. Why? It's legal to own guns, even in California.

    Sure, laws exist. For those reasons I don't run stop signs, and I've never been T-boned while running a stop sign. That I may not buy this or that gun is not disarmament. I have guns, so I'm not disarmed. I really don't lie awake at night fretting that I don't have a gun that can bring down an airplane. Oh, well.

    If you reject hyperbole, you'll get more readers. Avoid "always" "everyone" "all". Or not. We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. But not both.

    CDFingers
    Last edited by CDFingers; 02-01-2013, 7:17 AM. Reason: sold an "s"

    Comment

    • #3
      mcm95403
      Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 279

      Originally posted by CDFingers
      Sorry, man. I had to stop reading at "liberal progressive agenda of trying to control every aspect of gun ownership..."

      Why?

      I've owned guns for over 50 years. And not one, single time evah has any liberal or progressive come to me to try to control anything. All my liberal friends, every single one, know I own guns, and not even any of them has tried to control any aspect at all of any of my gun activities. Maybe they're afraid. Maybe they show respect. But they don't try. Why? It's legal to own guns, even in California.

      Sure, laws exist. For those reasons I don't run stop signs, and I've never been T-boned while running a stop sign. That I may not buy this or that gun is not disarmament. I have guns, so I'm not disarmed. I really don't lie awake at night fretting that I don't have a gun that can bring down an airplane. Oh, well.

      If you reject hyperbole, you'll get more readers. Avoid "always" "everyone" "all". Or not. We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. But not both.

      CDFingers
      Fair enough, and thanks for the feedback!
      Thanks,
      Marc
      www.dunritenetworks.com

      Comment

      • #4
        shooter777
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 649

        Who but Liberal Progressive Democrats are proposing 9 new gun control measures in Ca. right now?
        "Me thinks thou doth protest too much", CDF.
        Last edited by shooter777; 02-01-2013, 10:45 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          ChrisC
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 2469

          Originally posted by shooter777
          Who but Liberal Progressive Democrats are proposing 9 new gun control measures in Ca. right now?
          "Me thinks thou doth protest too much", CDF.
          And how come we can no longer own "assault" weapons in California? How come we can no longer own a 50BMG? How about the right to loaded open carry? Thanks conservatives for taking those rights away. Oh wait, let me guess, those were not real conservatives, they were rinos.

          The war on guns has and will always come from both sides, but most only want to blame the liberals. Yes right now it is mostly democrats, but there are also republicans in there as well.

          Comment

          • #6
            trevorlc
            Member
            CGN Contributor
            • Nov 2012
            • 215

            Originally posted by mcm95403
            I had an idea yesterday while watching the gun control testimonies on TV. I'd like to know what members here think. I have it posted on my blog at http://militiatruth.com/?p=22
            Couple points for thought:

            1. Where is the money for this coming from? We already have a spending problem that we cant seem to fix. I know "its for the children" but seriously... we can't live on credit forever and the children are going to have a MUCH bigger issue than a small % of them being shot if we hit a complete economic collapse.

            2. Creating firearm laws that hinge ownership upon some level of government certification/permit/approval/etc can be very dangerous. Look at the people who have recently had their transfers/purchases put on hold by the DOJ and they can't even find out why.. Perhaps there are reasonable reasons this is happening, but its not that far fetched to think they could do so arbitrarily if they so decided.

            3. Removing all their arguments? The problem is many of them don't want guns at all, so anything that allows them is not enough. Not to mention many of their so called arguments don't hold water as it is now, we are pretty much fighting ignorance and emotion which I don't see how your purposed system would change that.

            4. Gun Control is a self fulfilling prophecy, we need more gun laws to keep people safe, criminals keep using guns, we need more gun laws, and so on.. Its like a fat person who is depressed from being fat eating to cure their depression. Participating in the cycle just keeps it going.

            Comment

            • #7
              trevorlc
              Member
              CGN Contributor
              • Nov 2012
              • 215

              Originally posted by ChrisC
              And how come we can no longer own "assault" weapons in California? How come we can no longer own a 50BMG? How about the right to loaded open carry? Thanks conservatives for taking those rights away. Oh wait, let me guess, those were not real conservatives, they were rinos.

              The war on guns has and will always come from both sides, but most only want to blame the liberals. Yes right now it is mostly democrats, but there are also republicans in there as well.
              Both sides have thrown us under the bus multiple times, and likely will do so in the future if they think it will help them. They are politicians, they base many of their actions based on what they think will help them keep or advance their position. We need to change that equation!

              Comment

              • #8
                Fatgunman
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 877

                Did anyone see that video of the gun ban in Australia , it starts with (1) scary full autos, (2) then semi autos are scarier than ever before, (3) handguns, anyone can hide those on their body and they are responsible for more deaths than any other firearm so we have to stop that, (4) pump rifles and shotguns will be the new semi auto nitemare demon weapons, before ya know TOTAL GUN BAN.
                BOOO anti-gun people, HOOORAAAYY GUNS!

                Comment

                • #9
                  CDFingers
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 1852

                  I don't often hunt airplanes. But when I do, I prefer to use a camera.



                  While it is true we may not, in California, own a true "assault weapon," we may own a semi automatic rifle with a detachable ten round magazine.

                  Some folks still live in mortal dread of the eleven member sabre toothed zombie assault team, sadly. Not me. I know a Ninja poodle...

                  CDFingers

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1