Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where the heck is all the ammo??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fritz265
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1523

    Where the heck is all the ammo??

    Geez....

    Trying to find 45 ACP or even 22 LR these days is brutal. Wal Mart is bare, even Bass Pro in RC has NADA....

    I could understand .223 being scarce but geez, the hoarders must be rampant these days.

    With little success in replenishing the range supply locally, I had to order in bulk online. I'm sure I just hit the ATF watchlist..
    "Those who fear your guns do so because they know they are guilty of things for which they should be shot"
  • #2
    easy
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 1287

    All the ammo is in my bunker.
    The thing with firearms is that they are not like any other consumer product, simple ownership of one carries a lot of responsibility.

    Some idiots are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything
    sigpic
    "...this isn't a perfect world. It's California."

    Comment

    • #3
      bassbones
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 642

      Unfortunately all mine fell over the bow of my boat with all my firearms....

      Comment

      • #4
        epilepticninja
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 4166

        Originally posted by easy
        All the ammo is in my bunker.
        What is left over, is in my safe. I'm looking at 200 rounds of 7.62x51 that I just bought today. They had .45 cal PMC for $25 a box of 50. That isn't that much of a gouge compared to what I've seen it go for.
        Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

        Comment

        • #5
          8mmFMJ
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2011
          • 7405

          200 rounds? Pffffff that's like 15 min of shooting.

          Need more zeros

          Comment

          • #6
            Cloe
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 557

            I know , but I'm not Going to tell you

            Comment

            • #7
              appagohm
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 1123

              I don't know about you but most of my ammo usually starts to fly and hit paper and dirt on the week days. There is no ammo shortage, just rise in price. Check out the ammo forum plenty of ammo, just at higher prices.
              sigpic
              "Gun control is like trying
              to reduce drunk driving
              by making it tougher for
              sober people to own cars"

              Comment

              • #8
                scidx
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1160

                I'm not even in the states, and I know ammo is hard to keep on store shelves, right now. Where've you been, man? (or woman?)


                "Never go through a door without a full magazine in your weapon." --Capt. Eric A. Sykes--

                "(experts), of course, have long recognized the .45 as possessing killing power completely out of proportion to the scientific reality of its cross-sectional area, sectional density and available kinetic energy." --G&S online--

                Comment

                • #9
                  SPUTTER
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 7504

                  I only need a pocket full of shells.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Chontkleer
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1197

                    There is no safe place to invest except in vices and ammo. A lot of cash out there that was looking for a home.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SPUTTER
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 7504

                      Don't worry, when shtf starts, just wait for fat prepper to fall asleep.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RekEnhanced
                        Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 167

                        I wish I could just go shooting. There's not enough ammo for that kind of venture at this time. Sadness ensues.
                        Life is a game. Play hard and don't be afraid to lose. -Me

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          N23
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 39

                          Originally posted by RekEnhanced
                          I wish I could just go shooting. There's not enough ammo for that kind of venture at this time. Sadness ensues.
                          Agree. This sport is a hobby for me and when prices for 200-300 rounds of 9/40 wasn't too expensive I would only go once or twice a every few months. Now stock seems to be limited and prices have shot up drastically.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tanakasan
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 1638

                            Originally posted by Fritz265
                            Geez....

                            Trying to find 45 ACP or even 22 LR these days is brutal. Wal Mart is bare, even Bass Pro in RC has NADA....

                            I could understand .223 being scarce but geez, the hoarders must be rampant these days.

                            With little success in replenishing the range supply locally, I had to order in bulk online. I'm sure I just hit the ATF watchlist..
                            What you mean "had to?" Ever seen 1k cases of XM193 at your local WM? Online is the only way to go!

                            Robert
                            WTB/WTT

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cahooting
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 601

                              In three years when people that don't know guns and have bought them during this panic start to dump it. Oh boy, what dreams are made of.
                              Blaming a gun for crime is like blaming a fork for Rosie O'Donnell being FAT!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1