Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo stolen/misdelievered/lost

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SGTKane
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 249

    Ammo stolen/misdelievered/lost

    I know, I know (and so there's no need to remind me anymore) I'm not in CA anymore. I've moved on. I get it. I'm in New Hampshire, yes. That shouldn't keep me from using you all as a resource with far more experience in things than I have.

    With the great ammo shortage going on, and being unable to buy ammo from the local Walmarts and gun stores here (they won't sell to me because of my CA license, the only place that I've been able to find that will sell to me face to face is the local range, and their prices are...well...as an example a box of 50 Magtech Blueline .45 230 GR FMJ $55), I've been forced to turn to mail order for my ammo needs.

    Three weeks ago, bulkammo.com had XM855 going for 250 rounds (loose packed) for $150, or .60 a round (the cheapest I'd seen it in a long time). So I ordered 500 rounds. The box made it, battered, stained, and torn, bursting with brown packing paper...but no ammo.

    Bulkammo refunded my money (didn't have any more in stock) and promised to honor that price (or better) and contact me as soon as some came in.

    Two weeks ago, I ordered some .45 from Cabela's. I had the option of having it delivered to the Maine store (about 90 minutes from me) but opted instead to have it delivered to the home I'm staying in. Never showed up, even though UPS swears it was delivered and had me contact all my neighbors to confirm that they didn't get it by mistake.

    A week ago, I ordered some 9mm from Midway. The day after it shipped, I received an exception notice from FedEx saying the package was lost in transit... Midway will refund/replace once FedEx completes looking for the package.

    Anyone else having these problems, or is fate just trying to send me a message?
  • #2
    HOGLEG
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 913

    I receive everything I order. They place it on the porch and it's there when I get home. (Knock on wood). One of the heavier packages was beat around a bit but everything was there.

    If you have your stuff delivered by UPS, you can request that a signature be required for delivery. If no one is home you can ask that it be delivered to one of their retail stores and you can pick it up there. I think they charge a couple bucks for that. You can even reroute a package once it is in route through their web site. Check out their site and open an account. Seems like you have a reoccurring issue and you need to put a stop to it.

    Maybe an option if you have one of their store near you. Also pay the couple of bucks extra for insurance if it's offered.

    I also think you are real lucky so far. Many retailers say once the shipper has taken custody of the item, your only recourse is through that shipper.

    Good luck.
    Last edited by HOGLEG; 01-22-2013, 2:05 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling

    Comment

    • #3
      bsg
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 25954

      i've been fortunate with deliveries. you have had some bad luck, to be sure.

      hope things get better in the 'delivery' department of your life. i do worry when i know a package is coming that will be left on my front porch. for the 2nd time, recently someone stole my watering hose and front porch stool.

      Comment

      • #4
        shadowofnight
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 3749

        I paid like 4 dollars and 3 dollars extra at SGAmmo.com for insurance and signature confirmation, peanuts compared to 87 pounds of ammo.

        Comment

        • #5
          vintagearms
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 6841

          Never had an issue except with USPS one time. They did come thru tho. Not with delievery, just not showing delivered on the signature slip.
          Anyway, why dont you have UPS/FEDEX just keep it at their hub for you to pickup. That way it shouldnt get lost/damaged, or at least use signature delivery.

          Comment

          • #6
            Rickrock1
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2012
            • 5158

            That's crazy one of my cousins was telling me the same thing about his mail order from one of our favorite online stores but lucky for him he bought the insurance and I think the credit card company may also be involved refund etc. nearly 800 bucks in ammo. People now know that this ammo is becoming gold. Pretty sad.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              TooFewGuns
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 526

              Oh man, that's not good. Now you got me worried. I have two shipments coming in from SGAmmo next week. I have put orders with them in the past without buying insurance or the signature at delivery and never had a problem. It does make me uncomfortable that they put SGammo on the return addres. They should have a different buisness name on their.

              Comment

              • #8
                17+1
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 2847

                Your experiences are not typical. I've never had a problem ordering ammo, reloading components, or a variety of other stuff online. All I buy as far as loaded ammo goes is 22, and it always shows up in one piece and on time. I stocked up on a few thousand rounds a few months ago so I haven't had to order any ammo or reloading supplies since the 'panic'.

                If you think it might be getting stolen, you can request a signature at time of delivery. If they miss you, you can go directly to the distribution facility where the package is being held. Might be a pain, but you will get your ammo for sure that way.

                Comment

                • #9
                  m98
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4088

                  Someone who is delivering or handling packages to ur area is probably STEALing ur shipments. Wish u luck on solving ur issue..That scumbag that's stealing ur property hopefully one day will get ran over by a train and cleaned up after by yotes and buzzards
                  "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                  10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    maddoggie13
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 2076

                    This is why I have cameras around my house...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Kurus214
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 478

                      I've been fortunate so far, I'd say you've hit either a fluke , most probably, or some sticky fingers somewhere.

                      I've had one battered box show up from, I think ammotogo , - contents ok but they did not place an outer box, like SGA and Cabellas did.

                      If it's too much of a pain for signature required - rent a mailbox at one of those stores that will accept packages.
                      The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen

                      sigpic
                      CGF/SAF/FPC Supporter

                      "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Cloe
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 557

                        Driver

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          The Wingnut
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 3636

                          Originally posted by m98
                          Someone who is delivering or handling packages to ur area is probably STEALing ur shipments.
                          This...UPS employees have been caught red-handed intentionally damaging packages to delay them, and swapping the contents later. There has also been a rash of theives following the trucks and picking up packages after they've been dropped off.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Wernher von Browning
                          I just checked. Change is all I've got left, they took all the folding money.
                          A people whose only powers, liberties & remedies are those strictly defined by the State is not a free people at all.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SGTKane
                            Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 249

                            I had heard bad things about UPS, which is why when I put the order through from Midway I requested (and paid a bit more for) FedEx. Checking over the websites, though I don't see an option in the ordering for "signature delivery", will most companies honor that if you put it in the special instructions?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              amd64
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2005
                              • 1243

                              You're not alone.

                              Ordered an Aimpoint Pro from Midway USA, shipping through UPS Surepost. This shipping method uses both UPS and USPS.

                              Shipment is lost/stolen. UPS claims it was delivered to USPS. USPS claims they never got it from UPS. Based on the electronic tracking on the UPS and USPS sites, I tend to believe USPS.

                              Will never use UPS Surepost again. Neither UPS or USPS will take ownership of trying to find the shipment.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1