Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Who are the gun violence victims ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cpatbay
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1631

    Who are the gun violence victims ???

    I don't see any numbers published that show how many/percent of people hurt/killed by gun violence are non-gang, non-drug related. But I can bet that a high percentage of gun violence "victims" are linked to gang and drug organizations or activities. Comparing this to death of innocent people in other types of incidents, I really won't cry too much about most of these gun violence victims. Just saying ...
    NRA Lifer

    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
    for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson


  • #2
    ervaztec
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 269

    I bet the truth is that a large percentage of gun violence is drug related. I'd like to know the numbers too.

    Comment

    • #3
      Librarian
      Admin and Poltergeist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 44691

      That info isn't well collected.

      The FBI has some of it - see http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...-data-table-11 and http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-6
      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

      Comment

      • #4
        Bill Carson
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 3574

        Originally posted by cpatbay
        I don't see any numbers published that show how many/percent of people hurt/killed by gun violence are non-gang, non-drug related. But I can bet that a high percentage of gun violence "victims" are linked to gang and drug organizations or activities. Comparing this to death of innocent people in other types of incidents, I really won't cry too much about most of these gun violence victims. Just saying ...
        There is a small segment of society that makes up almost half of the murder victims and at the same time half of the offenders which creates an anomaly in the stats.

        Comment

        • #5
          morfeeis
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2010
          • 7605

          There was some high level lapd guy on knx 1070 that said that more this %50 and almost %90 of those shot or murdered had runs ins with the law in the past. I never found data to back up his statement so it could have BS.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
          Originally posted by Ayn Rand
          You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1