Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just picked up my first 1911 (pic heavy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Laythor
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2012
    • 991

    Just picked up my first 1911 (pic heavy)

    Just picked up my colt 1991a1 (1911)
    Compare online casinos with the best free spins offers for Canadian players, including bonus terms, wagering rules and how each welcome package really adds up.


    Purchased from Templar Sport in Los Gatos, got it for a decent price and was very happy with the whole transaction.

    Pardon the odd angles, was taking these in my trunk.. i'll have better pics later.

    Hmmm, what's in the blue box?


    Is that a gun shaped sandwich?


    Dont be silly, it's a 1911 you lucky dog!


    Tool box?


    No, 1000 rounds of Serge's 45acp + 50 rounds of WWB JHP
  • #2
    Press Check
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 4879

    VERY nice!

    Comment

    • #3
      maddoggie13
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 2076

      Smart buying a Colt

      Comment

      • #4
        Laythor
        Senior Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2012
        • 991

        It was just good timing. I had gone into Templar just to pick up some fishing line and saw this beauty in the display case. How could i say no?

        Comment

        • #5
          gotshotgun?
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 3667

          Originally posted by Laythor
          It was just good timing. I had gone into Templar just to pick up some fishing line
          Suuuuuuuuuuure

          Comment

          • #6
            Woody559
            Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 468

            Nice! Now go shoot it before .45 goes for $3 a round

            Comment

            • #7
              Laythor
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2012
              • 991

              Originally posted by gotshotgun?
              Suuuuuuuuuuure
              true story. i was with my son and needed some fishing line for a project for him. While the clerk was talking to him I noticed this beauty in the case and asked a few questions. I knew my next gun was going to be a 1911 and can't go wrong with colt. IMHO

              Originally posted by Woody559
              Nice! Now go shoot it before .45 goes for $3 a round
              After buying 1k rounds from Serge I was a bit taken aback for what the WWB JHP were selling for. I think my idea of reloading in the future will need closer study. Now would be a pretty bad time to get into as a noob since I'm hearing primers and all supplies in general are getting harder to come by.

              Comment

              • #8
                GW
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2004
                • 16078

                Congratulations
                You picked a fine weapon
                sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  skosh69
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4290

                  Congrats on the Colt!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mr. Gillious
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 1549

                    that's very nice. i'm starting to really like that old school 1911 look. Thinkin of gettin one. i still got love for my kimber tho.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      den888
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10520

                      Very nice!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Laythor
                        Senior Member
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 991

                        Originally posted by Mr. Gillious
                        that's very nice. i'm starting to really like that old school 1911 look. Thinkin of gettin one. i still got love for my kimber tho.

                        I started looking at 1911's and got lost in all the options "new" builds bring to the table. After a lot of research I decided going to the original was a smart choice for me. When I saw this gem I knew it was fate.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1