Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Surplus Firearm Dealers in Cali

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Deuce
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 60

    Surplus Firearm Dealers in Cali

    I purchased an M-44 from Big 5 last summer and while looking for surplus ammo I came across J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. I am intrigued with their supply of Milsurp firearms and want to buy a few for plinking.

    My question is: "Are there any Milsurp firearms dealers here is Southern California so I can avoid paying the FFL transfer fees"?

    "It is not the function of the government to keep the citizens from falling into error;
    it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."

    Justice Robert H. Jackson

    sigpic
  • #2
    scootergmc
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 4089

    Get your C&R and aviod paying any fees but shipping.

    Comment

    • #3
      .22guy
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2006
      • 5863

      Originally posted by Deuce
      My question is: "Are there any Milsurp firearms dealers here is Southern California so I can avoid paying the FFL transfer fees"?
      I'm afraid that doesn't make any sense. If you have to have it shipped to a 01 FFL, you will have to pay all DROS and transfer fees, on top of shipping.

      It doesn't matter if it's 50 years old and/or a C&R, they still have to do DROS and all that.

      As scootergmc said, get your C&R and you can get those long arms shipped directly to your door.
      Originally posted by sholling
      Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

      Comment

      • #4
        Deuce
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 60

        .22guy,

        That's exactly what I would like to avoid, the $125 transfer fee that Turner's chargers. The fees cost more than some of the guns that I am interested in.

        "It is not the function of the government to keep the citizens from falling into error;
        it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."

        Justice Robert H. Jackson

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Nodda Duma
          • Nov 2007
          • 3455

          Originally posted by .22guy
          get your C&R and you can get those long arms shipped directly to your door.

          +100

          Just pay shipping to your door! Plus it counts as requirement for CMP purchases, and gets you discounts at internet stores like MidwayUSA. Even if you never buy a single C&R rifle, getting you those discounts alone will pay for itself.

          -Jason
          Last edited by Nodda Duma; 03-15-2008, 2:31 PM.
          Looking for photos for your wall?
          Help feed my children by clicking here.

          Comment

          • #6
            Deuce
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 60

            So what you guys are saying is that I should get my Curio & Relic License to save on the transfer fees? LOL

            Thanks for the advice, I requested an application from the ATF website.


            ][

            "It is not the function of the government to keep the citizens from falling into error;
            it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."

            Justice Robert H. Jackson

            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1