Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any recommendations on a pellet rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DangerousGoods
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 172

    Any recommendations on a pellet rifle?

    I'm interested in buying a co2 pellet rifle. Any recommendations are appreciated.

    Ken
  • #2
    checkenbach
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1472

    Do not buy a C02 pellet rifle. There are many better option available. Mainly springer, or spring piston variants. If you must get a gas gun, get a ssp.
    You don't really want to be a slave to a C02 cylinder, do you??

    Comment

    • #3
      checkenbach
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 1472

      Do not buy a C02 pellet rifle. There are many better option available. Mainly springer, or spring piston variants. If you must get a gas gun, get a ssp.
      You don't really want to be a slave to a C02 cylinder, do you??

      Comment

      • #4
        SJgunguy24
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2008
        • 14849

        PCP air rilfes are pretty cool. They make them from 17 cal on up to 50 cal and some even have integrated supressors.
        There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
        The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
        The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
        The others, well......they just never learn.

        "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
        Patrick Henry.

        Comment

        • #5
          russ69
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2009
          • 9348

          Your question is; "I want to buy a centerfire rifle, what should I get?" Not really enough information.

          We need budget, use, CO2 cartridge or bulk fill?
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Code
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 10

            What do you plan to use the rifle for? When I started shopping around for a pellet rifle to help control the varmints on my property I decided to go with a springer because they are plenty powerful and don't require refill/recharge like Co2 or PCP. I went with a Gamo Big Cat. It is rated at 1,250 f.p.s. with the .177 PBA ammo and I dropped in an aftermarket trigger. It is plenty accurate and powerful enough to take down critters the size of a skunk or smaller.
            Attached Files

            Comment

            • #7
              SoCal Choppas
              Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 425

              RWS Model 34 .177 cal, I once shot a big wood bee in hovering flight
              Umarex USA is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of airguns, pistols, rifles, and more. With almost 50 years of experience producing the finest airguns available, we understand the value behind German engineering and quality down to the minutest detail.

              Comment

              • #8
                SoCal Choppas
                Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 425

                RWS Model 34 .177 cal, I once shot a big wood bee in hovering flight
                Umarex USA is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of airguns, pistols, rifles, and more. With almost 50 years of experience producing the finest airguns available, we understand the value behind German engineering and quality down to the minutest detail.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sutcliffe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 6792

                  I think CO2 is kinda limiting

                  Best value and utility are single stroke piston types. Check out an outfit called Compasseco. They do all sorts of air guns and have some really superior products at great prices.
                  I have a Tech Force 87 that I got with scope for a little over a $100

                  I'd opt for something in .22 cal

                  Bigger pellets are more costly, but are better at long(for a pellet rifle) range and pest control than the .177

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1