Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What do you take to the range?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    YORCHI117
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 39

    When I go to Lytle Creek I bring my guns, range bags with hearing and eye protection, plenty of ammo and all my magazines, my cleaning kits including rags, my targets and my pvc pipes to put my target stands together. I bring a rubber mallet, duct tape, paracord, clamps, and anything else I use to put my targets together.

    I also bring a trauma kit and I stop at the gas station before I get there to buy some light snacks and cold drinks. I don't stay long enough to eat lunch there and I'm usually done around noon so I just drive down to get some good food with my friends.

    Always remember to bring cash because some ranges don't take anything else except cash.
    "I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me."

    KCCO

    Comment

    • #32
      ElDub1950
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2012
      • 5688

      Really no different. My indoor range let's you shoot about anything you can carry in. Only time I bring extra stuff is if I'm planning more than half a day, then I might bring cleaning gear.

      My outdoor range has carts you can take to your truck and load all 1000 pounds you want to bring in.

      Comment

      • #33
        Grizzled Bastard
        Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 212

        I always have one of my solid .22 cal Dewey cleaning rods to clear stuck cases should that be an issue in my rifle.

        I also carry a small hammer and a 10" 1/4" steel rod for smacking squibs out of a barrel on handguns. Both of the above have been very helpful for fellow shooters on the range other than just myself.

        Comment

        • #34
          Jeepway
          Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 285

          I usually take my Jeep.

          Comment

          • #35
            voiceofreason
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 3785

            tools
            eyewear cleaner (Bauch & Lomb at Walmart in eye care section)
            light
            oil
            CLP
            staple gun + staples
            liquid adhesive
            duct tape
            Loctite
            baby wipes
            hand sanitizer
            snacks
            water
            ice
            holsters

            Mag Uplula
            "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
            John Quincy Adams

            "You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
            voiceofreason

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1