Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1969 Remington manufacturing video

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WDE91
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 3513

    1969 Remington manufacturing video

    I was cruising Youtube and came across this great video from Remington in 1969



    I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 12gauge that was made in 1969 so that video was especially cool
    I bought it used and paid $235 out the door



    Pardon the large picture
    "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
  • #2
    shadowofnight
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 3749

    Great video, thanks for posting.

    Comment

    • #3
      bsg
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 25954

      thanks for sharing.

      Comment

      • #4
        compulsivegunbuyer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 2639

        It's been posted here before. Everything used to be made like that.

        Comment

        • #5
          WDE91
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 3513

          I did not know it was posted before
          A good video like that can be posted every so often and be alright
          "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

          Comment

          • #6
            Neptune
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2011
            • 1165

            It's too bad that they've nearly killed off Marlin due to their current manufacturing policies and the fact that much of their lower end line is outsourced to Turkey. Times change unfortunately. I've used a Wingmaster from the 1960's for decades and that thing is amazing, I only wish they'd be able to keep that tradition alive.


            __
            sigpic
            I don't think it's nice,...you laughing.
            You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
            He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.
            Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to,
            I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

            Comment

            • #7
              john67elco
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 3155

              Thank you for posting I watched it all. Cool to think my 1967 speed master 22 was made this way. Now you can understand my not being cleaned for 30 year thread and how the gun still fired fine. Great video
              Originally posted by Gwalker99
              ""Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply""


              half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                trob
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1881

                Makes me want a Remington from the 60's.....


                I'm not much of a present-day Remington fan, but those old ones look wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bsg
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 25954

                  when i open the safe, it's the old 1965 Wingmaster "Brushmaster" that stands out. no whistles or bells; the quality of workmanship stands on it's own merit.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1