Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Inspection time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Milsurps
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 2232

    Originally posted by john67elco
    Stick them in between mattress. They plan on lifting bed then move hell outta there
    That's a hell of a good idea ! If you don't have to many.

    Hide them in plain sight. Our old landlord was trying to sell the building for six months, so we had to deal with a parade of realtors and buyers almost every weekend. Nobody ever saw the three safes or 120,000 rounds of ammunition hidden in plain sight in a two bedroom apartment.
    Stealth.. FTW.
    sigpic
    Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    California Rifle & Pistol Association Member


    I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
    كافر

    Comment

    • #17
      Toyman321
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 1620

      Originally posted by elsolo
      Exactly.
      So long as you don't have a methlab, 30 people living in your apartment, or a motorcycle parked in the living room, don't worry.
      When I was in college my landlord didn't seem to mind

      I haven't rented in quite some time but when I did I did a sweep of my apartment and put away anything I didn't want the world knowing I had in there.... this included guns, my camera equipment, my watches etc. Anything that was small that said come back another day and steal me got put away. It's not that I didn't trust my landlord, I didn't (and don't) trust anyone.

      Comment

      • #18
        BenHa
        Senior Member
        • May 2012
        • 838

        If I can hide my guns from my parents you can hide it from your landlord

        Comment

        • #19
          Czsp-01-9mm
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 1853

          just put them in between the mattress and the box springs, not like there gonna look in your personal belongings there just looking for property damage and sighs of drugs
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            punisheryayarea
            In Memoriam
            • Apr 2009
            • 1932

            Originally posted by Orcutt
            Better safe than sorry ?..
            Do you really want anyone (including a landlord) to know whats in your home?
            I don't.

            sigpic
            WTS JL audio 8W7 X2, JL audio 500/1v2, Alpine Ine-940, Stinger Cap!!
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post17991865
            WTS SIG MPX CARBINE, SIG MPX PISTOL, NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM PREDATOR, Acog in .308!
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1186395

            Originally posted by Grunt81
            I'm serious.
            Are you one of those .45 elitists?

            Comment

            • #21
              SanPedroShooter
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2010
              • 9732

              I usually pull down my tin 'Glock Perfection' sign. I leave the cartidge collection on the shelf with the pictures from my military service, and the VOTE NRA sign in the flower pot outside and the reloading and gun books on the shelf.

              The guns are already stowed. I have some antique black powder guns that I also lock up. I try not to be to 'in your face'. It depends on who is coming. If its the city or termite sprayer, or the FD I will put all the gun stuff away. For just the landlord, she would really have to snoop to get that into my private business.

              Of course I know the family that owns this building reasonably well, and I know they are patriots. Their manager being no exception. I think you should always secure firearms that arent in your control, thats for your safety and theirs.
              Last edited by SanPedroShooter; 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM.

              Comment

              • #22
                triggatronic
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1198

                My landlord is cool. Always gives me the heads up when needing to get in my place even if it's for something we discussed prior like a sink repair. Just keep the place tidy and make sure it isn't painfully obvious that you're a gun owner. Landlords should have no reason to go through a closet or anything closed unless there's a reason.
                "BroBro13"

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  punisheryayarea
                  In Memoriam
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1932

                  Originally posted by Orcutt
                  Better safe than sorry ?..
                  Do you really want anyone (including a landlord) to know whats in your home?
                  I don't.
                  sigpic
                  WTS JL audio 8W7 X2, JL audio 500/1v2, Alpine Ine-940, Stinger Cap!!
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post17991865
                  WTS SIG MPX CARBINE, SIG MPX PISTOL, NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM PREDATOR, Acog in .308!
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1186395

                  Originally posted by Grunt81
                  I'm serious.
                  Are you one of those .45 elitists?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    mitchg233
                    Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 126

                    she likes to visit the units
                    She can't do that. Page 33.



                    I have been and will be a landlord and tenant. The law is clear.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SanPedroShooter
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 9732

                      You get 24 hours notice. I dont know if their is a number of inspections that can be performed in a certian period or not.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        BKinzey
                        OT Banned
                        CGN Contributor
                        • May 2009
                        • 4390

                        Seriously consider getting a safe or at the very least a locking gun cabinet. It's the responsible and safe thing to do. Then lock them up.
                        Rogue American, Media Mercenary.
                        "A firearm is just a tool. Any tool can be used as a weapon, but the most powerful weapons were written."

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Army
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3915

                          Mitch got it. She is not allowed by law to simply "check the property" without a qualified reason.

                          Tell her; "No thank you. I've no leaks, no fires, no plumbing problems, all electrical works fine."
                          "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Hopalong
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 2436

                            Originally posted by Army
                            Mitch got it. She is not allowed by law to simply "check the property" without a qualified reason.

                            Tell her; "No thank you. I've no leaks, no fires, no plumbing problems, all electrical works fine."
                            Be careful here, if you don't have a lease.

                            If a tenant of mine copped an attitude with me

                            They'd get their 30 day notice in a hot second.

                            I am a good landlord, and take a walk through every six months

                            If I got that answer above

                            I'd tell them I want to check the toilet for corrosion, the hardwood floors for termites

                            Or some other "qualified reason", believe me I'd find one

                            There's no need to take an adversarial stance with the landlord over this

                            But if you insisted, fine

                            You can live someplace else
                            Last edited by Hopalong; 09-25-2012, 5:14 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              postal
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 4566

                              Like others said, just hide the stuff so it isnt in plain sight.

                              My work is in homes, apts. On occasion I see guns, gun cases and gun safes. I usually dont comment on it at all, and pretend it isnt there.

                              Often times, I visit homes when the tenant isnt there- (with approval and a key the tenant or landlord left for me) or I'm let into an apt by the manager- the manager got approval from the tenant first)

                              I'm there to do my job, and nothing else. Unless you have a dead person in plain view, it doesnt matter what I see, and I dont go looking for anything except my job related equipment. I work heating and AC... sometimes the furnace is in the garage, a closet, or attic. It's usually pretty obvious where, but sometimes I have to look for it.

                              I've even worked on a rental property - on an AC (outside condensor unit) that had a pot farm right next to it. I just ***ASSUME*** that he was growing perfectly legally within the confines of Ca law. I didnt count, but there werent very many plants... I dunno the current laws but I know there is a maximum number allowed, which is kind of low... I simply assume he was at or below that limit, and everything is legit under Ca law.

                              I do worry about walking into an illegal drug operation though... (for my own personal safety. I will be applying for an LTC soon, and expect to be approved because of my job.)

                              landlords are usually the same. They want to see the condition of the carpet, walls, make sure everything is in reasonable shape, and thats it. They are not there to inventory your stuff... Though You may want to hide the pot plants....

                              This thread is a lot of hype about nothing. Dont leave that stuff in plain sight, and dont worry. Just today I worked at a rental home. Tenant was home, owner met me at property. We were there to address an AC problem the tenant complained about to the landlord. While we were there, the owner did not search the property, but simply asked the tenant if there were any other things wrong with the house that needed to be fixed.
                              Last edited by postal; 09-25-2012, 6:54 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                myk
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 5955

                                At the last minute I switched up my work schedule so I could have the day off to break my Colt M4 out of jail, the plus being that I might be around during the inspection. The inspection was for the usual stuff: AC, plumbing, etc. However, she didn't show up but had a contracted worker come by. The guy came in, walked about 5 feet in to check out the AC unit, then asked about my '69 Charger out front. We went outside and talked 60's muscle cars for about an hour and that was the inspection! Lol.

                                You guys are right about the safe or at least a locking gun cabinet though. Keeping these things behind the fridge is really ghetto...
                                Last edited by myk; 09-26-2012, 9:33 AM.


                                I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1