Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do NOT trust PayPal with your money

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CK_32
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 14369

    Do NOT trust PayPal with your money

    2 rants in 1 month.. Gatta love it..

    **Disclaimer** Dont want to read a rant move on.

    So from the start.. I sold a 870 shot gun and a ton of parts through out 2 months on here and other sights and racked up about $800 in PayPal cash.. I nded up buying some thing and had about $750 left over in my PayPal account..

    Figured Id rather have that in my bank account and use it willingly.. So I transfer the money over to my account and did just get a new debit card lost my last one and check all the info and its correct and send over the money to my bank account. I get a confirmation due to adding new info and sends $.10 and $.17 to my account to confirm the account it correct and the moneys going to the right place..

    So I send the Max of $500 and will send the rest after the $500 shows.. says it takes 3 to 7 business days and on day 7 I realize man still not there better check on it.. Still nothing.. they give me the wait a few more days its probably your bank.. So I wait..


    on day 10 I call.. tell me its the bank.. Call the bank..


    For the sake of your eyes and my fingers long story short it is now 1 and 1/2 months later and im still fighting paypal to find my gdam money. I am on call 9 to them and keep getting the same answer of oh well its confirmed ask your bank... 4 people have told me I would recieve some sort of call from a manager.. Not once.. It takes about an hour and transferring through 8 people to get a supervisor who cant help you with SH** because all any one does at that place is look at your info like you can from their web site and read you your information on the screen nothing more "they say they cant do anymore than that"


    Ive had them trace it 5 times al;ready 2 didnt even bother making a trace and the other 3 tell me the bank has it with their trace## they say the bank can look up.. My bank has no record of that number in their system at all...

    They will not stop running around just talking in circles and still have yet to offer to pul or refund me my $500 as of yet.. They keep telling me its my fault for having wrong info but yet the confirmation has gone through and I randomly tried to send $50 to my account while this is goijng on and 3 days later I got it in my bank...

    so pretty much they have sent or lost my money and have no clue on how to find it get it back or do anything about it and pretty much say sorry but its on you nothing we can do about it..

    Ive used paypal for 4 years now and my father with them since day one.. and have had thousands of thousands of dollars with them and nothing like this until now...

    Their system is so f'd up and the saftey of your money is BS.. They cant even fully tell me where my money is accept its in bank of America and has accepted it.. But when I call them or give them the info that should show in the banks system nothing.... then I tell them that and they say well.. uhh im not sure then im sorry sir...


    Do not trust paypal... It might work for you but if they lose your money good luck trying to find it..


    Im over this game of sherades and am contacting the BBB and reporting this.. Its been 1 1/2 months and my $500 is still missing and they have no concern about it and no actions of getting me back my money yet accept giving me a socalled tracking number to show me what bank it went to.. no account info no nothing accept well we sent it to bank of America.. Well guess what they have millions of accounts... FIND MY F***iING MONEY!!!


    And trust me this is only half the bs they have pulled. And its still too long..

    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

    What's Your Caliber??


    My Youtube channel
  • #2
    ewarmour
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 904

    nm

    I hate PayPal.
    NRA Endowment Member | NRA-ILA | Madison Society | Calguns Foundation

    Comment

    • #3
      socal-shooter
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 1521

      After using them for seven years and hundreds of transactions I can't think of one complaint about PayPal

      Comment

      • #4
        CK_32
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 14369

        Originally posted by socal-shooter
        After using them for seven years and hundreds of transactions I can't think of one complaint about PayPal
        Yea I couldn't either.. But about week 3 it got pretty old hearing the only thing they could tell me is the same info I can see on their web site under my account.

        And when you ask for a manager or supervisor they just give you to another phone attendant who has the same thing and then hand you off to someone slightly higher and on and on and no one can answer any question you have.. Accept say well we can trace it again.. Why I already have the info on the trace.. Just tell me where my money went..

        Their trace system just sounds good.. All it is is a receipt of it beig confirmed into someone's account..


        Today I finally got to a head manager who actually understood and was able to hold a conversation and answer some of the questions I had..

        And we're thinking that someone internally may have done an inside job and detoured the $$ their ACH department is going to do a investigation.. I'm glad someone finally gave me answers tho.. Just wait until you run into a problem you guys will see where I stand..


        Anyone who doesn't have to go through this trust me you don't want to.. Worst money retrieval system I've ever encountered.
        For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

        What's Your Caliber??


        My Youtube channel

        Comment

        • #5
          the_natterjack
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2006
          • 1056

          Please, please, pleeeeeeeze! Stop using Paypal.

          Try Amazon Payments, just saying, and it's free.

          - Brian

          Comment

          • #6
            stix213
            AKA: Joe Censored
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2009
            • 19002

            Paypal basically destroyed a business of mine once, so yeah I hate them too.

            Comment

            • #7
              glockman19
              Banned
              • Jun 2007
              • 10486

              I've never used PayPal.
              Cash or Postal Money Order.

              Comment

              • #8
                CK_32
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2010
                • 14369

                Surprisingly well apparently not for some but the BBB has TONS of complain on them..

                I'm surprised they havnt been shut down by the amount solved alone
                For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                What's Your Caliber??


                My Youtube channel

                Comment

                • #9
                  spdrcr
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 2108

                  Should have just requested a physical check. I've done it several times and it generally arrives within a week of placing the request.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CK_32
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 14369

                    Originally posted by spdrcr
                    Should have just requested a physical check. I've done it several times and it generally arrives within a week of placing the request.
                    I figured doing it electronically would be a lot safer and easier from just this sort of thing...

                    Guess not.. I thought with a wireless transfer it could be tracked and refunded rather than a phsycal check being lost in the wind..

                    Either way your money is not their concern and they don't have much to help find it if it's lost.. Their system really needs a revamp badly
                    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                    What's Your Caliber??


                    My Youtube channel

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Fate
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 9545

                      Wow. You sure you're not dealing with Gpal by mistake?
                      sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                      "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                      , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JackRydden224
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 7229

                        Go to a local branch of your bank and get them on a conference call with PayPal. You watch them slug it out.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CK_32
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 14369

                          Originally posted by JackRydden224
                          Go to a local branch of your bank and get them on a conference call with PayPal. You watch them slug it out.
                          I wish it were that easy but neither want to bother contacting and throwing it on me and my time...


                          But I received an email from one of the actual "supervisors" and in not so many words there was internal fraud and a investigation is being started.. They found my money in the wrong account and now want me to email them my info with a copy of my ID.


                          I would say problem solved but after a month of harassing them and being blown off like my money wasnt their problem I'm very disappointed in a major company with no real policy to get to the bottom of this stuff just push off the problems and wipe their hands clean and basically hope the customer will give up and take their losses with that run around process.
                          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                          What's Your Caliber??


                          My Youtube channel

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Press Check
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 4879

                            They do suck, though. They seized (limited) my account and held $498 for approximately 6 months for selling a disassembled Surefire 60rd magazine. The idiot that purchased it was a CGN member who thought it'd be a brilliant idea to post a link to the thread in the Paypal payment.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              RazzB7
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 3419

                              Originally posted by stix213
                              Paypal basically destroyed a business of mine once, so yeah I hate them too.
                              You can add me to the list of (former) business owners who PayPal destroyed.

                              If you want some enlightening reading:

                              Originally posted by Conan the Barbarian
                              Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing
                              Originally posted by MrsRazz
                              I don't wish to be known as a set of tits behind a gun.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1