Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good Ear Plugs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rugerman
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 406

    Good Ear Plugs?

    Hey guys,

    I would like to know which company ear lugs you use. I have been thinking of getting a pair of Silencio ear plugs, but I want to know what everyone else uses. Also, I would like to know about ear plugs, not ear muffs.

    Thanks in advance
  • #2
    Ballistic043
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 1704

    ear pro sonic defenders by surefire. they make a good seal and are also attractive as well

    not bad for 10 bucks

    Comment

    • #3
      Ech0Sierra
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 944

      Silencio here, the cord once wrapped around my neck, but they work pretty good.

      Comment

      • #4
        rivviepop
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 2528

        You didn't say indoor or outdoor was your target (heh), so I'll assume indoor. I now use those custom kind you get made at the Gun Show(s), where they squirt the gunk in your ear, it molds and then sets into a rubbery-like set of plugs. With these things in I can stand next to guys shooting 44mags or 50DE handguns and it's no problem, the NRR rating has got to be like 32 or more. The downside is that you can't hear sh*t (even yourself talk), so they make it hard if you're giving/receiving instruction and so on.

        "Ear Defenders"
        W.K. Baker Co.
        685 Parkhill
        Santa Margarita, CA 93453
        805-438-5249

        Comment

        • #5
          Rugerman
          Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 406

          Originally posted by rivviepop
          You didn't say indoor or outdoor was your target (heh), so I'll assume indoor. I now use those custom kind you get made at the Gun Show(s), where they squirt the gunk in your ear, it molds and then sets into a rubbery-like set of plugs. With these things in I can stand next to guys shooting 44mags or 50DE handguns and it's no problem, the NRR rating has got to be like 32 or more. The downside is that you can't hear sh*t (even yourself talk), so they make it hard if you're giving/receiving instruction and so on.

          "Ear Defenders"
          W.K. Baker Co.
          685 Parkhill
          Santa Margarita, CA 93453
          805-438-5249

          I've heard mixed reviews about these custom ear plugs. For the people who use Silencio, do you use the purple/pink Rockets?

          Comment

          • #6
            larryb
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2005
            • 702

            Originally posted by rivviepop
            "Ear Defenders"
            W.K. Baker Co.
            685 Parkhill
            Santa Margarita, CA 93453
            805-438-5249
            Cool thats not to far from me. I need to get a set made, glad you posted the info
            If you can see the "Big Picture" you are not concentrating on your front sight post.

            Live life like a dog
            If you can't lick it,eat it,chew it or screw it,
            Piss on it and walk away

            Comment

            • #7
              paradox
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 3588

              I bought a big box of Howard Leight foam earplugs and use them for everything and have them stashed everywhere...
              * Freedom is the human right to live your life however you damn well please, so long as you don't interfere with another's right to do the same.
              * "Don't believe them, don't fear them, don't ask anything of them." --Alexander Solzhenitsyn

              Comment

              • #8
                Sam Hainn
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2007
                • 681

                AAA Batteries. Duracells seem to be the softest due to their plastic like wrap. They will work in a pinch, but really... I double up on 'Ear' Brand silicone plugs worn IN ADDITION TO a set of Leightning 31 muffs. I can't screw around with my hearing for many $$ reasons alone.
                "No throwing live ammunition into bonfires on runs."

                Comment

                • #9
                  Patriot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 2982

                  Just don't do this



                  Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

                  People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

                  It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ech0Sierra
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 944

                    Spmeone photoshop BoF in there!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Waingro
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 1214

                      Originally posted by rivviepop
                      You didn't say indoor or outdoor was your target (heh), so I'll assume indoor. I now use those custom kind you get made at the Gun Show(s), where they squirt the gunk in your ear, it molds and then sets into a rubbery-like set of plugs. With these things in I can stand next to guys shooting 44mags or 50DE handguns and it's no problem, the NRR rating has got to be like 32 or more. The downside is that you can't hear sh*t (even yourself talk), so they make it hard if you're giving/receiving instruction and so on.

                      "Ear Defenders"
                      W.K. Baker Co.
                      685 Parkhill
                      Santa Margarita, CA 93453
                      805-438-5249
                      I have seen these and asked about them, the guy said basically the same thing as above. I actually asked the same question since the muffs hurt my ears after a while. It seems that people that work at shooting ranges mostly use them. They told me they run around $75.
                      You never hear the phrase eaten dead.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        scrat
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 1516

                        Originally posted by paradox
                        I bought a big box of Howard Leight foam earplugs and use them for everything and have them stashed everywhere...
                        i bought 5 boxes on ebay of 3m industrial ear plugs up to 29 rating. they work very good. 2000 sets of ear plugs i got for 30.00. Heck at 1.00 a pair at the range i believe i made out pretty good.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Patriot
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 2982

                          Originally posted by Ech0Sierra
                          Spmeone photoshop BoF in there!
                          Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

                          People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

                          It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Richie Rich
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 607

                            Originally posted by scrat
                            i bought 5 boxes on ebay of 3m industrial ear plugs up to 29 rating. they work very good. 2000 sets of ear plugs i got for 30.00. Heck at 1.00 a pair at the range i believe i made out pretty good.
                            These are what I use as well. I have tried several brands of muffs and I always wind up with headaches from the muffs pushing down on the sides of my eyepro.

                            Plus, you can't get a decent cheekweld with muffs on, or you do and they lift off right when you fire. After getting to listen to my Mosin up close and personal (ouch) I will stick with plugs.

                            None of the Silenceo plugs work worth a crap for me, guess I have odd shaped ear canals or something.
                            sigpic
                            "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

                            Congrats Matt

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bonjing
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 963

                              I just get the rite aid brand 33nrr, can't remember how much they are though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1