Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Final price drop" in Classifieds

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drkphibr
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 2462

    "Final price drop" in Classifieds

    I enjoy browsing the classifieds to see what's out there. Every once in a while there is either a good deal or you find something that you're interested in.

    I always get a kick out of seeing "final price drop" on a posting. This is just my observation and my thoughts on it when I see it, as it's a seller's perogative to set/ask for any price they want. Whether the item sells at that price is an entirely different matter.

    Thoughts on "Final price drop" updates and some of the ads of late:
    • Your initial price was probably too high for the current market conditions
    • You've lowered your price enough times that now you're saying "that's it, no more..." and to me that says you're still open to negotiation....regardless of what's in the ad.
    • Interest in your item just isn't there right now (like everything else, there are cycles of interest)
    • You want to get what you paid (as close to it, or in some cases more), especially considering the "upgrades"
    • Listing what you paid is informative, but doesn't necessarily justify its price (from a buyer's perspective)
    • The item will sell for the highest price someone is willing to pay and that price may still be lower than your "final price drop"

    I think the only sales tactic more interesting than "final price drop" is the "going back in the safe in X days" or the limited time sale type ad. The "pressure" sell.

    Just interesting to see how people position and market their items to make that sale.
  • #2
    gatesbox
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 1860

    Get ready for the sellers with five pages of BTT to chime in with a rebuttal...
    "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

    Comment

    • #3
      ASD1
      1/2 BANNED
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Apr 2012
      • 1793

      ^lol
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        golfrj
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 1623

        I too love the one, "Well if you don't Buy it Now I will put it back in the SAFE".. Now That is Funny, " Hey I thought you wanted to Sell It??"

        Comment

        • #5
          CK_32
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2010
          • 14369

          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

          What's Your Caliber??


          My Youtube channel

          Comment

          • #6
            Tripper
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2011
            • 7628

            Well tell me, honestly, I won't be offended
            Are my listed firearms reasonable priced, why/why not, what price should they be
            I'll say now, I sometimes am not sure what a price should be. So yes I will leave a price for a while.
            I think the shotgun is at the right price now, because it seems location and shipping or delivery cost is taking the cost over the top
            I honestly gong know on the xt22 conversion, has its own niche
            WTB NAA Belt Buckle
            MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

            Comment

            • #7
              Subotai
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2010
              • 11289

              Time is money to me. I'd rather post a lower price and sell now than BTT for a couple of months.
              RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
              Free Vespuchia!

              Comment

              • #8
                john67elco
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 3155

                Originally posted by gatesbox
                Get ready for the sellers with five pages of BTT to chime in with a rebuttal...
                I saw someone with 8 pages of BTT with one person asking if is what C&R. I chimed in saying if it wasn't then by the time he sells the gun it will be. I knew I'd get busted but I still laughed.
                Originally posted by Gwalker99
                ""Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply""


                half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  drkphibr
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 2462

                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Well tell me, honestly, I won't be offended
                  Are my listed firearms reasonable priced, why/why not, what price should they be
                  I'll say now, I sometimes am not sure what a price should be. So yes I will leave a price for a while.
                  I think the shotgun is at the right price now, because it seems location and shipping or delivery cost is taking the cost over the top
                  I honestly gong know on the xt22 conversion, has its own niche
                  My .02 would be:

                  If you're getting responses/interest, then your firearms are reasonably priced. If there's no interest, then I'd say they are higher than the current market is willing to pay.

                  If I was going to sell a gun, I'd take a few things into account:
                  1. Condition
                  2. Production run (commodity gun [e.g., Glock] or rare [e.g., old Python])
                  3. Age
                  4. Similar sales on Gunbroker (taking CA "issues" into consideration)
                  5. Availability
                  6. My wish list

                  There are probably many more factors, but those come to mind.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    dieselpower
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 11471

                    If I don't need to sell something I toss it up for what I paid or slightly lower. If it sells...cool, if not I don't care. When I want to sell something I price it to move... and those items don't normally get more than one BTT.

                    I sold a BUIS in under 1 minute. I hit "post", went back and was re-checking the grammar and spelling when I got a PM. I refreshed the page and sure enough... "I'll take it." reply.

                    Guys with 10+ BTTs don't care if they sell it or not.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tripper
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 7628

                      Time is money, not for me on this anyway, I'm in no hurry, it costs me nothing more to hold it

                      8 pages of bumps could be recycling thread from previous sales
                      Do you really think the Glock thread with a few pages is a single gun
                      WTB NAA Belt Buckle
                      MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Barbarossa
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 4436

                        Originally posted by Tripper
                        I think the shotgun is at the right price now, because it seems location and shipping or delivery cost is taking the cost over the top

                        It's because It's a left handed model.

                        Can't be too many people looking for a wrong handed gun.

                        I'd personally post it as 299.99 on the cost, rather then 300.
                        Looking for a 3" Magnum 870 $200-$250ish

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tripper
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 7628

                          Lol
                          There are more wrong
                          Err, left handers than I thought

                          Actually my daughter is a lefty shooter, so I initially got it on another trade for her. She didn't want it.
                          WTB NAA Belt Buckle
                          MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ewarmour
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 904

                            Guns are like cars - you never get out of them what you put in to them - unless it's an original classic.
                            NRA Endowment Member | NRA-ILA | Madison Society | Calguns Foundation

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hopalong
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 2436

                              When somebody says "it's not about the money"

                              It's about the money

                              When somebody says "final price drop"

                              Most likely it's not final

                              These are silly word games to distract from the real issue

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1