Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Upper Receiver Stolen
Collapse
X
-
I'm not expecting to get it back, but regardless, it's not fun. It wasn't for me, but rather one that I'm building for a friend.
I refuse to roll over and take it from theives and the like, regardless of how common of an occurance it is in SoCal, but maybe that's your style....if so, keep on keeping on and have fun!Comment
-
Sorry you lost your stuff. Thieves never get a just punishment in this country.
Some advice for next time : Always leave your valuables locked in the trunk out of sight where scumbags can't spot it and they are less likely to try breaking into a trunk rather than the usual smash and grab. And as someone mentioned sotball/baseball fields are a magnet for these kinds of rats.Comment
-
so what's your plan crime fighter? anything you do will get YOU arrested so there is really nothing you can do but "roll over"I'm not expecting to get it back, but regardless, it's not fun. It wasn't for me, but rather one that I'm building for a friend.
I refuse to roll over and take it from theives and the like, regardless of how common of an occurance it is in SoCal, but maybe that's your style....if so, keep on keeping on and have fun!
on the bright side now you have a chance to get him a quality upper.
Comment
-
I think you misunderstood, I have no intentions of being a "crime fighter" as you say....
What I meant is I refuse to accept that theft is just something that happens on the regular and is to be accepted as the norm....
Anyways, to each his own. If it aims, shoots, and repeats, I guess it's enough quality for me !
Comment
-
MechEng, sorry brother! I really loathe thiefs/cheaters, et al.. SUCKS! Then some goon comes into the thread just to be a jag-on, who's so pro because it wasn't a larue that was stolen... Sorry man!Only the wise will understand and survive...
sigpicComment
-
Last night at a softball game in Perris, my car was broken into and after a thorough ransacking, the brand new upper that I had just picked up from UPS was stolen out of the back seat. Yes, it was in the box (non descript) and covered with a blanket, so it could not be seen from the outside.
Usually I don't keep items of value in my car, but the UPS facility is across the street from the fields.
Anyways, if anyone sees/hears of someone selling a complete JSE 16" rifle kit in Perris or the surrounding area for really cheap and they seem sketchy, well....it's probably mine.
Please keep an eye out! Thanks
Did you immediately complete a police report? Or as soon as possible? That would be useful on numerous fronts:
1) Most people breaking into cars in that fashion are local, usually kids, and they don't roam too far from home.
2) They continue to do it until they are caught, and they usually get caught quite quickly. Look for them to break into cars on another night in the near-future at that same parking lot during future ball-games.
3) If they were caught later, police may already have your upper in possession but they have no idea to whom it belongs.
4) It is likely the knuckleheads that stole it won't know what to do with it, especially if they are kids/teens - they will either ditch it where someone else will find it and turn it in to police, or it will turn up while they are seeking a way to get rid of it or get caught with it while doing something equally stupid. With a police report, and uppers not being a common item found most every day locally, you at least have a chance of getting it back.
5) If there IS a police report, and the knuckleheads that stole it try to pawn it a pawn-shop or even a gun store, the 30-day hold and check with law enforcement on pawned items would likely result in a call to you.
(I really think it's kids taking advantage of people being pre-occupied with a ball-game knowing the unattended cars would be free-pickin's for an hour or so. You can expect this if you ever go to the movie theater as well; they watch for people to arrive, wait until they enter the movie, than break into that car fully knowing they've got at least an hour and a half to get something out of it.) I can guarantee, because of how I described it, there will be ADDITIONAL break-ins in that parking lot, in the very near future, on future nights during ball-games within the next two weeks.
While you may not be a crime-fighter, at least a police report will give you a fighting chance. I'm in SoCal too, so while it is highly unlikely I will ever get a whiff of wind of someone selling an upper due to what I described above, but hey, I'll contribute my part to help fight crime whenever I can; so yes, there IS something you can do about it, and you just did. You let gun enthusiasts, the most likely market who would come across something like this for sale by some punk, know to keep their eyes open.
That's fighting crime, you crime-fighter you!
-----------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LibrarianWhat compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)
If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,574
Posts: 25,149,388
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32095 users online. 72 members and 32023 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment