Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Frog lube?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Montu
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1589

    Originally posted by The Gleam
    I've heard pnety of good, have never used it. Are there any standard retail stores that sell it? Is it a mail-order or gun-show only? I'm down in Southern CA.
    buy some @ amazon through shop42a.com
    K.F.K|Μολὼν λαβέ

    Comment

    • #17
      The Gleam
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2011
      • 13465

      Originally posted by sully007
      Google is your friend!
      Considering that Google has started to block search results for firearm related products, NO, Google is not "my friend." In any case, what would "Google" turn up - that it is mail order? Not what I asked.

      I noted above I am looking for a retail outlet close to LA that sells it, in stock with the implied question as to "does nayone here know for sure of where, if that is the case" i.e., an actual store, not someone from Maine selling on Ebay.

      But hey, you learn something new everyday; I didn't know Google has retail outlets in Los Angeles, now selling firearm related products.

      That's wonderful.
      -----------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by Librarian
      What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

      If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

      Comment

      • #18
        The Gleam
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2011
        • 13465

        Originally posted by Montu
        buy some @ amazon through shop42a.com
        Thanks, but not really interested in mail-order on this; do you know of a retail store in the LA area that might actually have it in stock? The "Frog Lube" website lists Turners Outdoorsman as a stocking dealer, but any time I've been in a Turners (Pasadena or Norwalk) they didn't have it in the store.

        Last edited by The Gleam; 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM.
        -----------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by Librarian
        What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

        If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

        Comment

        • #19
          Ro504
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 42

          Originally posted by The Gleam
          Thanks, but not really interested in mail-order on this; do you know of a retail store in the LA area that might have it in stock?
          Try Turners. They seem to always have it in stock

          Also here's the link to the dealers in who carry it in So Cal

          Comment

          • #20
            BigJ
            Veteran Member
            • May 2010
            • 3172

            Originally posted by The Gleam
            Considering that Google has started to block search results for firearm related products, NO, Google is not "my friend." In any case, what would "Google" turn up - that it is mail order? Not what I asked.
            Google Shopping has enhanced restrictions, yes. But Google's general search results do not. Given that you don't seem to prefer "mail order" anyway, it would seem indeed Google is still your friend.
            "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

            Comment

            • #21
              Sheldon
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2149

              Got mine from Botach.... http://www.botachtactical.com/froglube.html $18.80 for the 8 oz. paste tub...shipped to your door. I got the paste, but like the speed of dripping regular gun oil where I need it, so I haven't been using it regular as a result, but it seems to work ok.

              Comment

              • #22
                SURVIVOR619
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 3629

                I've been using it for well over a year on all my guns and have nothing negative to say about it....

                I do, however, still use a spray oil at the range on my AR's BCG if shooting a few hundred rounds. The product does become more viscous when components heat up, but I think it may have contributed to an overheat of my BCG, causing one of my gas rings to tweak out...

                Otherwise, use a hairdryer to heat up your parts and help "season" the FL into the parts.
                Only the wise will understand and survive...
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  Capybara
                  CGSSA Coordinator
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 15670

                  Frog Lube seems to work very well for me for the past six months. Have used it on all types of guns, Mosin, ARs, shotgun, all of my handguns. No complaints and wife loves how it doesn't stink up the house.
                  NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Fishslayer
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 13035

                    The Froglube thread.



                    Look up UTV Tactical. he's the Froglube guy. Dunno about Froglube but if I was selling a product, he's my guy.
                    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                    Originally posted by redcliff
                    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      utvtactical
                      Senior Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 567

                      TWO GALLONS!

                      I've only eaten about 24 ounces of FrogLube. Thanks to everyone who stopped by at Costa Mesa.
                      UTV TACTICAL
                      "Unique AR Tactical Accessories and MORE"
                      "FROGLUBE CLP Distributor"
                      PU-Products LLC Nationwide Distributor of
                      ROK Straps, FROGLUBE, UTV RAX Systems
                      204 Greenfield Drive Suite A
                      El Cajon, Ca 92020
                      619-334-1913
                      sales@pu-products.com

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Montu
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 1589

                        Originally posted by The Gleam
                        Thanks, but not really interested in mail-order on this; do you know of a retail store in the LA area that might actually have it in stock? The "Frog Lube" website lists Turners Outdoorsman as a stocking dealer, but any time I've been in a Turners (Pasadena or Norwalk) they didn't have it in the store.

                        http://www.froglube.com/Dealer_StatePages/CA-S.htm
                        Sorry I don't live in your area but I did think turners would have it based on the fl web site.

                        Still I just wanted to let you know amazon carries it...I don't see how ordering it is more of a hassle then actually driving to a brick and mortar place to pick it up..considering if you order it you can get free shipping and 15 percent goes to cgf...win win?
                        K.F.K|Μολὼν λαβέ

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          socal147
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 1254

                          Originally posted by Glockshooter626
                          Intrested in hearing your thoughts and experiences. Still up in the air about dropping some money to buy some.
                          Expensive. Amazing claims. Other lubes do just as well at a fraction of the price. Food Grade SFL grease and FMO 350 AW oil for instance.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Steve-O
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 721

                            I have been using it on all my guns for the past 1.5 years and am very happy with it.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              The Gleam
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 13465

                              Originally posted by Montu
                              Still I just wanted to let you know amazon carries it...I don't see how ordering it is more of a hassle then actually driving to a brick and mortar place to pick it up..considering if you order it you can get free shipping and 15 percent goes to cgf...win win?
                              OK - THAT PART'S COOL - So maybe I'll reconsider ordering.

                              I wanted to see it in person first before buying, as if I like it on the spot, I'll buy a good deal more (have a lot of guns to clean/lube - industiral size would be nice!)
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Librarian
                              What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                              If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Hopalong
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 2436

                                Froglube

                                It's what's for dinner.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1