Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What red dot and co witness?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mikelarry
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 218

    What red dot and co witness?

    I am thinking about making a CQB type upper not sure if I want to spend the money for an Eotec or just get something mid level Bushnell,PA,Burris
    I like this video because you can see not only the different dots but CW styles
    I am torn between 1/3 and absolute
    What do you guys think?
  • #2
    GW
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2004
    • 16078

    What do you want?
    Or rather what do you want it to look like?
    What style appeals to you most?
    Trijicon, Aimpoint and Eotech are what the military uses most and they are hard-use durable and expensive $500 plus but then you have the best. If you just want a red dot that works well then Burris and Bushnell will fill the bill for around $250.

    If you just want the basics then Vortex or Lucid View will give you good service at around $150

    If you just want the look get Barska or BC Star.
    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

    Comment

    • #3
      Mikelarry
      Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 218

      I was thinking because I can see the irons the red dot does not have to be super reliable.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mikelarry
        Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 218

        I am looking at the bushnell mini dots are they good?

        Comment

        • #5
          dieselpower
          Banned
          • Jan 2009
          • 11471

          PA's vid is great stuff.

          Here are a couple more for you to look over to help you. Also using the actual RDS set up makes all the pictures and videos fit together. You may think you like one style, then when you actually use it you find out you hate it.

          Here is my BUIS Chart


          Aimpoint CompM4.
          WARNING this is sorta a optical trick. The RDS is hard mounted and the camera is moving. If this was on a firearm, the dot would be moving also as your not going to be as steady as a hard mount.




          EOTech
          Once again, the firearm is NOT being held.


          C-More (my fav)
          This is mounted on a pistol, but you get the idea. You can sorta see why competition guys like them. Much easier to view past the body.
          Last edited by dieselpower; 08-18-2012, 9:17 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Mikelarry
            Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 218

            Thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              Mikelarry
              Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 218

              So I am thinking Eotech

              Comment

              • #8
                roushstage2
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 2782

                That's what I want (thus far): EOTech EXPS2

                Comment

                • #9
                  voiceofreason
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 3785

                  Aimpoint Micro H1 with the 2 MOA dot.

                  Don't know if the 2 MOA is available yet.

                  T-1 if you anticipate using it in conjunction with NVG or require additional water resistance.

                  The H-1 saves you some money, the T-1 is the "cooler" one which offers little if you don't use NVG.
                  "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
                  John Quincy Adams

                  "You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
                  voiceofreason

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    joker70
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1208

                    Vortex Strikefire + Magpul BUIS = 100% co-witness for less than $200.
                    "The only right more important than gun rights to cgn members is the right to be a drama queen..." jimx

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mikelarry
                      Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 218

                      So i have made my decision I am going to wait for the new Acog looking Primary Arms scope coming out and off set a micro at 45
                      This would give me CQB and Med range

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1