Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lytle Creek range - how is it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rand B. Wilson
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 212

    Lytle Creek range - how is it?

    I'm planning to hit Lytle Creek tomorrow for the first time. How is it? Do i need to bring my own targets?
    -- Sent from my iPad using nothing more than my fingers
  • #2
    GMG
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2008
    • 7974

    It used to be nice until they told the belt fed shooters they were no longer welcome.

    Just make sure you don't take hi-caps out there.
    sigpic

    A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

    Comment

    • #3
      Hecktic
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 505

      I have only been to Lytle Creek so I cannot compare it to other ranges but I like it. I usually go 3 to 4 times a week during my vacation times and I stay away from it during the weekends because I hear it is a madhouse. Even during the week, it can get crowded there especially on Fridays. You can buy targets there or you can bring your own. I usually do both and I bring duct tape to because after the first time hitting their targets to plant them in the ground they fall apart… that and the ground is rock hard. Also, bring a hammer so you can pound your targets in to the ground / rock quarry. I will probably be there on Wednesday this week. I hope you like it as much I do and good luck.

      Comment

      • #4
        SuperSet
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2007
        • 9048

        Do not bring high caps there!

        Comment

        • #5
          BSlacker
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 923

          Target stands will help. The ground is hard as rock. Get there early for a covered spot with a decent table. The overflow gets no shade and shaky tables.
          Bring cool drinks.

          Comment

          • #6
            Citadelgrad87
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2007
            • 16979

            I have not been in a while simply because it's too crowded on the weekends, I brought standard capacity 20 rounders for my M1A and nobody said a word.

            It't nocer than I thought it would be, and I understand they will let me fire my cannon there, black powder.
            Originally posted by tony270
            It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
            Originally posted by repubconserv
            Print it out and frame it for all I care
            Originally posted by el chivo
            I don't need to think at all..
            Originally posted by pjsig
            You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              toby
              Banned
              • Jan 2010
              • 10576

              It's about one step up from BLM on your own shooting, Same as Burro.

              Comment

              • #8
                theshoer
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 645

                They sell targets for $5.00 bring hammer.Big hat if your to late for covered shooting area.Enjoy.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Rand B. Wilson
                  Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 212

                  Thanks for the info guys..
                  If anyone wants to join me Tuesday, i'll be the n00b looking guy trying to figure out how to use the Beretta 92..
                  -- Sent from my iPad using nothing more than my fingers

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Rand B. Wilson
                    Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 212

                    Just got home from Lytle Creek..
                    Nice place, everyone was helpful, wasnt crowded and the ground was not too hard to pound-in the cheap-o target stand.
                    -- Sent from my iPad using nothing more than my fingers

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Javi
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 4540

                      How close were you able to shoot your Beretta?
                      Originally posted by d4v0s
                      My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
                      R.I.P. Thomas C.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rand B. Wilson
                        Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 212

                        Originally posted by Javi
                        How close were you able to shoot your Beretta?
                        25 yds
                        -- Sent from my iPad using nothing more than my fingers

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1