Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any experience with Darkfang?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bk23103
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 1095

    Any experience with Darkfang?

    I recently had cataract surgery (I'm not even 40 yet!) and I have pretty good distance vision without glasses, but things are pretty fuzzy up close. I have some trifocals that help but seeing the front post is a little difficult. I've had good luck with a red dot on my P365 but I'm not willing to put an optic on any of my 1911's. For this reason, I've been looking at Crimson Trace laser grips. The price tag for CT grips made me look for alternatives and I found these things on Amazon. Reviews seem hard to come by. Has anyone tried a set? What'd you think?

    Amazon.com: DARKFANG 1911 Laser Grip Full Size with Ambi Safety Cut | 1911 Laser Sight No Rail with Magnetic Charging(Gray) : Sports & Outdoors
  • #2
    mitch1
    Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 467

    I have them and they work well, battery life is about the same as the Hogue grips which is about 10 hours. Unbelievably you can buy the darkfang grips from Amazon but not the hogue here in California. I have them on a couple kimber 1911s. The actuater switch is I believe better on the hogue but the charging port on the darkfang is nice because it is magnetic. The hogue uses a cd2025 replacable battery while the darkfang is not replacable. Hogue is only available with red laser and darkfang you can get green. Darkfang is cut out for ambi safety the hogue requires a shorter saftey lever for the right side. The lever is about $30 or you can reshape yours. Bottom line, I prefer the hogue because I like the rubber grips. I don't like traditional g10 grips
    Last edited by mitch1; 09-19-2026, 9:27 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      k1dude
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2009
      • 15896

      Buy it and give us your review. Only one way to find out and it's not expensive.
      "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

      "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

      Comment

      • #4
        bk23103
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2014
        • 1095

        I wound up ordering a set, and they arrived same day via Prime. I was impressed with the fast shipping.

        The fit and finish is quite good for the price, and sighting in on my Ultra CDP II was a breeze with a laser boresighter and the provided allen wrench. They charged up quikcly with the provided proprietary cable. The only issue so far is the switch is a little odd - I would expect it to be momentary but it seems to be both a toggle and a momentary actuator. I haven't figured out how to set it to one mode just yet.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1