Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gunbroker question…

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beerman
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2009
    • 5201

    Gunbroker question…

    So I had my GB account registered to my work email & phone. Now that I retired, it needs to be changed. To change it, they have to text me a verification code. Well , I no longer have that phone or email. Any idea how I can do this?
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57179

    Without access to both of the methods of contact that they have for you, you are likely going to have to make a new account as you won't be able to prove you actually are the person who owns the old account since you can no longer access both contact methods on file with gunbroker.

    If you are friendly with the person that has the old email and phone number, have them do it for you.

    This is the kind of stuff you need to change BEFORE you quit a job and also the main reason you do NOT use your work email or phone numbers for personal business.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      beerman
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2009
      • 5201

      You are correct… I f’ed up. Thanks for the reply.

      Comment

      • #4
        GOEX FFF
        ☆ North Texas ☆
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2007
        • 7644

        I think the best thing you can do now is contact their support center. They may have a way of verifying you and get your account updated.

        Good luck!
        Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

        The 2nd Amendment Explained

        Comment

        • #5
          beerman
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2009
          • 5201

          I contacted them online about it and haven’t heard back. I’ll call next week. Thanks for the advice 👍

          Comment

          • #6
            Spyder
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2008
            • 17273

            They're pretty notorious for no customer service and taking foreeevvveeerrrr to answer emails, if ever.

            Comment

            • #7
              beerman
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2009
              • 5201

              Yea, they haven’t. Of the 2 guns I was going to off, I decided to give one ( a NIB Colt Trooper MkIII) to my best bud. The other I’ll just keep. Thanks for the replies guys.

              Comment

              • #8
                Turbinator
                Administrator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 11963

                I had an issue refreshing the details of my account as well. Contacted support twice, took about 2 weeks, but got my GB account fixed. Don't give up, they eventually reply and will help.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Shakeyshooter
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 3

                  It may be a blessing in disguise. I just finished a transaction thru GunBroker. What seemed like a good deal for a beautiful mint 1969 Ruger Single Six (a Christmas present for my son) for $399 ended up being $664.01 by the time GunBroker and the asinine state of California got thru with it. It will be the last time I purchase a gun in this corrupt flocked up state. All they do is penalize the law-abiding citizens. I'm so done with it. Newscum and the F'd up liberals have destroyed this state. Highest taxes in the country and the worst roads in it too.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jarhead714
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 9658

                    Originally posted by Spyder
                    They're pretty notorious for no customer service and taking foreeevvveeerrrr to answer emails, if ever.
                    Word is that as of late it’s even worse than you speak.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jarhead714
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 9658

                      Originally posted by Shakeyshooter
                      It may be a blessing in disguise. I just finished a transaction thru GunBroker. What seemed like a good deal for a beautiful mint 1969 Ruger Single Six (a Christmas present for my son) for $399 ended up being $664.01 by the time GunBroker and the asinine state of California got thru with it. It will be the last time I purchase a gun in this corrupt flocked up state. All they do is penalize the law-abiding citizens. I'm so done with it. Newscum and the F'd up liberals have destroyed this state. Highest taxes in the country and the worst roads in it too.
                      There are loads of PPT firearms for sale right here in California. It completely circumvents ALL taxes except the $47.13 transfer and DROS fees. The gun market is **** right now. You should be buying everything that you like and can afford.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1