Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Saiga-12 Inbound!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NSR500
    Banned
    • Aug 2006
    • 19530

    Saiga-12 Inbound!

    Got the call tonight from my FFL and I meet him tomorrow to get my Saiga-12! TX is cash and carry, but when we ran my NICS at the Gun Show the Feds wanted to delay my purchase until the 4th.
    I've hit every Houston Gun show except for the big show at Reliant since late October; then I met this dealer at the latest show at the George Brown Convention Center show and he has 3 at his table.

    Good News: I get my Saiga-12

    Bad News: I may not have it ready (Legal) in time for my flight back to CA tomorrow

    I'll try to post up some pics when I have it in my hands.
  • #2
    jumbopanda
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2006
    • 8382

    So...if you can't have it legal in time for your flight, what do you do? And what's the process for buying guns out of state?
    Mo' BBs.

    Comment

    • #3
      FEDUPWBS
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 2187

      GOOD LUCK
      Originally posted by ChrisO
      My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

      Originally posted by stphnman20
      What is a FEDUPWBS?

      Originally posted by weezil_boi
      ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

      Comment

      • #4
        tenpercentfirearms
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Apr 2005
        • 13007

        Originally posted by NSR500
        Got the call tonight from my FFL and I meet him tomorrow to get my Saiga-12! TX is cash and carry, but when we ran my NICS at the Gun Show the Feds wanted to delay my purchase until the 4th.
        I've hit every Houston Gun show except for the big show at Reliant since late October; then I met this dealer at the latest show at the George Brown Convention Center show and he has 3 at his table.

        Good News: I get my Saiga-12

        Bad News: I may not have it ready (Legal) in time for my flight back to CA tomorrow

        I'll try to post up some pics when I have it in my hands.
        You might want to give us a little background information why you can legally purchase firearms in Texas. Are you a Texas state resident? Do you have a Texas DL?

        For those of you reading this thread. Residents of CA cannot legally purchase firearms cash and carry in TX and then bring them back to CA. If this is what NSR500 is trying to do, there is a good reason the feds held him up until the 4th so they can tell him "Sorry, you can't buy guns in Texas."

        Again, until we get more information, CA residents cannot cash and carry guns in Texas. If they do, they are committing a crime.
        www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

        Comment

        • #5
          Harbinger
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1152

          Furthermore, 'getting it legal for California' is as simple as completely disassembling the weapon, is it not? Parts could be separated into multiple checked luggage to reduce the pucker factor. Of course, the case with the receiver would have to be inspected by TSA, since you're flying here.

          Mike


          Join the NRA!!

          Comment

          • #6
            jumbopanda
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2006
            • 8382

            A Saiga shotgun cannot be easily disassembled into non-AW status. Even with all of the readily removable parts removed, it is still a semi auto shotgun with detachable magazines. You will need a mag lock to render it a non-AW.
            Mo' BBs.

            Comment

            • #7
              NSR500
              Banned
              • Aug 2006
              • 19530

              I am a Dual Resident between California and Texas which is why I can Cash & Carry. For residency I do spend enough time in both States, Texas is my Primary Residence on my Tax Filings, I pay utilities in both States, carry Car Insurance, etc... The only reason I can think of why the Feds may have held me up is that I just renewed my Texas ID and submitted new prints, other than that it could have just been luck of the draw.
              As far as the Legalities of the Saiga-12 in California and when I speak about making it legal, I wanted to be damn sure that the magazine could not be detached without a tool. California classifies the detachable magazine on a Semi-Auto shotgun as an evil feature, and therefore the Saiga-12 is an AW.
              If you follow the conversation in the Saiga GB thread they talk about how they can potentially be legally configured for entry into California.
              I for one do not want a Vacation to Club Fed, nor would I want to endanger my Rights of Firearms ownership just so that I can bring my Saiga-12 with me to California. I'm perfectly fine keeping it here in TX with my other toys .

              Pics on the way...

              Comment

              • #8
                FEDUPWBS
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 2187

                Originally posted by jumbopanda
                A Saiga shotgun cannot be easily disassembled into non-AW status. Even with all of the readily removable parts removed, it is still a semi auto shotgun with detachable magazines. You will need a mag lock to render it a non-AW.
                Jumbo is correct!
                This is why we are doing it the way we are on the GB. As stated these guns are VERY hard to get!!
                This weekend is the deadline for the Saiga-12 groupbuy I must have some $ NOW PM me if your on the list once its closed your SOL.
                Originally posted by ChrisO
                My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                Originally posted by stphnman20
                What is a FEDUPWBS?

                Originally posted by weezil_boi
                ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                Comment

                • #9
                  NSR500
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 19530

                  Here it is:


                  Here is Proof I'm in TX: (LOL)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FEDUPWBS
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 2187

                    How much did it cost ya in a free state? How long did it take to aquire?
                    Originally posted by ChrisO
                    My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                    Originally posted by stphnman20
                    What is a FEDUPWBS?

                    Originally posted by weezil_boi
                    ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NSR500
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 19530

                      Originally posted by FEDUPWBS
                      How much did it cost ya in a free state? How long did it take to aquire?
                      Been looking around the Houston area since late October and came upon the dealer for this gun at the George Brown Convention Center Show on the 30th of December. Would have been cash an carry on the spot for $480 OTD, but the Feds dropped the Delay on me. Ended up getting it this morning for the same price and my Sister's Fiance picked one up as well.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mecam
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 4049

                        Are those cocks for fighting?
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          NSR500
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 19530

                          Originally posted by mecam
                          Are those cocks for fighting?
                          Yeah, they are Fighting Cocks. Picked a couple up in Corpus Christy, Galveston, Louisiana, etc...
                          My Dad and I do not Fight them, they are primarily for breeding and selling off the eggs to the Philippines. People there still fight and the breeds we have here do well there. We have a couple multi-Champ birds, my favorite is the 7x Champ with 1 eye that we have.
                          BTW... They are almost as good as keeping Geese and Duck around to guard the property. These guys will get loud and a few of the brave/crazy ones will chase and peck people who come onto the property.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1