Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cannon Folk here/ I picked up another small cannon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Citadelgrad87
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Mar 2007
    • 16978

    Cannon Folk here/ I picked up another small cannon

    I just got a Traditions Old Ironsides .50 from a board member, I need to see about getting a skid or a carriage.

    Pictures:





    I have a small Coelhorn mortar, it's a .5o as well, but about 3 OAL, this is much more like what I wanted. I plan to use FFg Goex, probably 40-50 grains.

    Any tips and tricks?
    Originally posted by tony270
    It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
    Originally posted by repubconserv
    Print it out and frame it for all I care
    Originally posted by el chivo
    I don't need to think at all..
    Originally posted by pjsig
    You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    sigpic
  • #2
    rg_1111@yahoo.com
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2003
    • 5753

    Yup, A few cannon people here. There a blast.

    Comment

    • #3
      h0use
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2009
      • 5783

      very nice =)

      Comment

      • #4
        Citadelgrad87
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2007
        • 16978

        Originally posted by h0use
        very nice =)
        Thanks, man, I like my new toy.
        Originally posted by tony270
        It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
        Originally posted by repubconserv
        Print it out and frame it for all I care
        Originally posted by el chivo
        I don't need to think at all..
        Originally posted by pjsig
        You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          ojisan
          Agent 86
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2008
          • 11781

          When you get the cannon done, next you need to buid a wood model sailing ship.
          Then you can shoot it and sink it in your bathtub when your wife is gone.

          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

          Comment

          • #6
            GMG
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2008
            • 7974

            Originally posted by ojisan
            When you get the cannon done, next you need to buid a wood model sailing ship.
            Then you can shoot it and sink it in your bathtub when your wife is gone.
            sigpic

            A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

            Comment

            • #7
              chillincody
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 2675

              Was just thinking about getting a cannon but ive never shot one and it has me scared

              that cannon looks beautiful BTW
              Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

              Comment

              • #8
                Chaos47
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 6615

                very cool!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Skipper
                  Member
                  • May 2007
                  • 323

                  They're really good for keeping varmints away from the chicken coop


                  There's a good skid in this video:

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNxz...ayer_embedded#!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Skipper; 04-17-2012, 8:32 AM.
                  sigpic

                  The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
                  -- Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    OldShooter32
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 2065

                    You need to get a full-sized cannon...nothing sounds better than a pound and a half of 1f going off...unless it is two and a half pounds.
                    Last edited by OldShooter32; 04-17-2012, 9:18 AM. Reason: Add
                    "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

                    Walnut media for bright brass
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Citadelgrad87
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 16978

                      Originally posted by chillincody
                      Was just thinking about getting a cannon but ive never shot one and it has me scared

                      that cannon looks beautiful BTW
                      Thanks. It's pretty cool to fire them. I have a little 3 inch Coelhorn that is made of brass rod, it's got 1/2 walls, basically a small cofee cup with a .5 hole in it. I put about 50 grains FFg in it and tamp down a frozen blueberry and light the fuse.

                      BOOM.

                      After you fire them a couple times, I think they are proof tested. I haven't ever shot anything out of them but wads and blueberries, with that small load, it seems bulletproof.

                      Anyone have any plans for a skid or a carriage? I'm thinking a 4 wheeled naval type carriage.
                      Originally posted by tony270
                      It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                      Originally posted by repubconserv
                      Print it out and frame it for all I care
                      Originally posted by el chivo
                      I don't need to think at all..
                      Originally posted by pjsig
                      You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fighterpilot562
                        I’m Ugly and I’m Proud
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 47071

                        very nice

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Falstaff
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 2317

                          A

                          Once upon a time there Was a guy on the interwebz selling home made field pieces that fired either a golf ball or a 1.25" lead ball. It looked incredibly fun. Wish I woulda bought one ( think he was askin' 1500 with the towable carriage.) Anyone know where I might find something like that?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Citadelgrad87
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 16978

                            Gold ball mortar, this one is expensive



                            All brass.
                            Originally posted by tony270
                            It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                            Originally posted by repubconserv
                            Print it out and frame it for all I care
                            Originally posted by el chivo
                            I don't need to think at all..
                            Originally posted by pjsig
                            You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1